NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[fixed] Minor issue with apostrophes in code insight

If you comment your code as follows:

Code:
* @desc This is a 'test' comment

The apostrophes are displayed as ''' in the code insight window. The first window (where you select the function from the list) displays them correctly, but once the function is selected, the new pop-up 'helper' window that displays the params, returns, etc uses the ' notation instead.

Quotes ("") work fine.

It's not a major problem by any means, but it makes comments look a bit strange when you have words like "it's" come out as "it's"

Cheers,

Rich
View user's profileFind all posts by corephpSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

Actually, I've noticed this quite a bit in 5.0 and have been meaning to report it. Pretty much, all code insight tooltip windows display certain characters (& and ' for example) as HTML entities. They also appear somewhere else, though I can't remember exactly. Perhaps the Locals and Globals tabs?

(You may be right that it's the first window only. I'm working from memory here.)
View user's profileFind all posts by bobwilliamsSend private messageVisit poster's website

I add my voice, "'" transated to "'" is indeed a little bit annoying in the code insight window!
Site Admin

fix will come with build 5021