NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Minor Annoyance: Application Focus Lag

Hi I recently purchased and started using PhpED and I'm not sure if this would be a feature request or not, but I've noticed that there is a small amount of lag when PhpED loses and regains focus.

I am using VNC as a KVM solution across two Windows computers. I have it setup where I program on the left screen and preview on the right. When my mouse cursor transitions (switches screens) from the right to the left, the cursor stalls for a moment before switching. Turning off the Adaptive GUI and the mouseover effect on the right docking bar improved performance but did not completely solve the problem. This is the only application where I have encountered this problem (no problem with Outlook, Firefox, Chrome, WoW, etc...). The reason I believe it has to do with the application focus is because the same lag applies whether PhpED is windowed or full screen.

I know it's a minor annoyance but any tips to help eliminate the problem would be appreciated, thanks!
Site Admin

Quote:
from the right to the left, the cursor stalls for a moment before switching

I believe PhpED has absolutely nothing to do with delays in the cursor movements.

Hi dmitri,

What I mean is PhpED might be utilizing just enough CPU when coming back into focus to disrupt Windows Vista mouse behavior. I was wondering if there was some feature I could disable to improve performance. When PhpED comes back into focus task manager has reported it consuming as much as 37% CPU usage (just briefly) on my dual core system.
Site Admin

Quote:
When PhpED comes back into focus task manager has reported it consuming as much as 37% CPU usage

I just checked and it took <4-5% CPU while I was constantly switching from Outlook to PhpED and back for 30-40 seconds.
Looks like something wrong with your system or it's heavily loaded (CPU or memory).