NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Master List of Pending Features

I would like to see you guys post an ongoing list of requests that you are planning to work on. We post to this forum, and we never know if something will actually make it into a build. Also it would save everyone time as we wouldn't double post. The search feature for this forum software doesn't work very well. Most of the time if I search for something I get hundreds of non-ranked, non-relevant results. So, I don't bother going through the results.

For example, I just requested that searching loop instead of stopping at the end of the page. Appearently, this has been requested many times before. It would have been much easier for me (and you) to just have a master pending feature list.

My two cents.

Thank you.

-r

I agree

Also agreed!

Yes, it would be nice to see what's planned and maybe what's currently in development and will be available in the next release.
Site Admin

I'm sorry, our VP won't accept this because such list may leave us unarmed against our best competitors Smile

dmitri wrote:
I'm sorry, our VP won't accept this because such list may leave us unarmed against our best competitors :)

Thought so (:

Surely PphpED has no real competition anyway? Very Happy
Veteran

Such a list need not give away anything to competitors to be useful to us. Just make it a single, clean list of features that have been suggested by users - nothing more. It need not say which of them you're planning or not planning to add, or give any indication of how you prioritize them. Basically, just a cleaned-up collection of what's been posted here or sent in to you directly.

Since a competitor interested in such a list could easily poke around these forums and compile most of it themselves, you don't compromise anything. And we users can refer to that list to see what's already been requested, or to put in a nudge vote for a particular item ("I want #6!"). Having it available would reassure us that you 1) officially acknowledge the requests, and 2) that our requests won't be forgotten over time.

Last edited by bobwilliams on Wed May 16, 2007 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileFind all posts by bobwilliamsSend private messageVisit poster's website

can we send you an email directly to ask about a few of our favorite features?

Bobwilliams raises a good point about competitors being able to find any information for themselves anyway.

I would say that even something as simple as a sticky post in the forum with a list of the top requested features would save users from repeat requests and as bobwilliams says give some basic acknowledgement that a request is being considered.

I agree with Dmitry.
When something is DONE we GET it.
So competition can just see some feature already implemented and not that this is in plans and then they can start working on that because PHPeD will launch that.

We should just Request thing we want and that are reasonable.
And PHPed Team will for sure select these most needed and most practical to implement.

Tom
Master List of Pending Features