NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Massive feature request list #5 of 5: FTP, Synch, etc.

Miscellaneous:
  • Change upload/download project and upload/download file and all Smart Sync functions to preserve timestamps of original files when uploading/downloading files. The way it works now, when I press Ctrl-Shift-S to upload a file I’m working on it doesn’t keep the last saved timestamp. Instead it uses the time of uploading as the timestamp of the uploaded file, which confuses Smart Sync as to which is the newest version.
  • Support remote/FTP projects where only the project file is saved on the local machine while the actual PHP scripts are stored remotely. Most of my work is web scripts, and having a local copy that I have to upload is more cumbersome than saving directly to FTP.
  • Identify “TODO” and “FIXME” in comments like Eclipse PDT, with the ability to generate a task list in the Log window (easy to implement via a search with static terms of “TODO” and “FIXME”). I can do this right now with a search, but a built-in feature to do this and generate a list of to-do items would be nice. phpDoc also supports “@todo” but the implementation is weak because you can’t inline it anywhere you want. A to-do item stuck at the top of a script is much less useful than one I can put in the exact spot where I need to add code.
Re: Massive feature request list #5 of 5: FTP, Synch, etc.

MentatYP wrote:
Miscellaneous:
  • Identify “TODO” and “FIXME” in comments like Eclipse PDT, with the ability to generate a task list in the Log window (easy to implement via a search with static terms of “TODO” and “FIXME”). I can do this right now with a search, but a built-in feature to do this and generate a list of to-do items would be nice. phpDoc also supports “@todo” but the implementation is weak because you can’t inline it anywhere you want. A to-do item stuck at the top of a script is much less useful than one I can put in the exact spot where I need to add code.

+1 on auto-listing of TODO/FIXME comments
Site Admin

Quote:
Change upload/download project and upload/download file and all Smart Sync functions to preserve timestamps of original files when uploading/downloading files. The way it works now, when I press Ctrl-Shift-S to upload a file I’m working on it doesn’t keep the last saved timestamp. Instead it uses the time of uploading as the timestamp of the uploaded file, which confuses Smart Sync as to which is the newest version.

PhpED does its best to presever datetime stamps but FTP protocol does not support this at all. So it won't work for uploading. Please use SFTP.

Quote:
Support remote/FTP projects where only the project file is saved on the local machine while the actual PHP scripts are stored remotely. Most of my work is web scripts, and having a local copy that I have to upload is more cumbersome than saving directly to FTP.

With this approach you won't be able to use sourcecontrol systems and there will be problems with code completion/code explorer because source files aren't available locally until you open them. Is it really a timesaver to have such projects?

Quote:
Identify “TODO” and “FIXME” in comments like Eclipse PDT, with the ability to generate a task list in the Log window (easy to implement via a search with static terms of “TODO” and “FIXME”). I can do this right now with a search, but a built-in feature to do this and generate a list of to-do items would be nice. phpDoc also supports “@todo” but the implementation is weak because you can’t inline it anywhere you want. A to-do item stuck at the top of a script is much less useful than one I can put in the exact spot where I need to add code

with "free non-weak formantting" Smile I foresee the following problems:
-it's unclear where the TODO text ends. In case of phpdoc's @todo it's clear while if you put TODO: somewhere in the text, it's not.
-what to do with TODOs that aren't really TODOs but appeared on the pages/scripts on their purpose?

dmitri wrote:
Quote:
Identify “TODO” and “FIXME” in comments like Eclipse PDT, with the ability to generate a task list in the Log window (easy to implement via a search with static terms of “TODO” and “FIXME”). I can do this right now with a search, but a built-in feature to do this and generate a list of to-do items would be nice. phpDoc also supports “@todo” but the implementation is weak because you can’t inline it anywhere you want. A to-do item stuck at the top of a script is much less useful than one I can put in the exact spot where I need to add code

with "free non-weak formantting" :) I foresee the following problems:
-it's unclear where the TODO text ends. In case of phpdoc's @todo it's clear while if you put TODO: somewhere in the text, it's not.
-what to do with TODOs that aren't really TODOs but appeared on the pages/scripts on their purpose?

Well, I like the Visual Studio rules:

Single line comment, token, than a colon (:). Everything else on the line is the TODO text.

Example:
Code:
// TODO: todo task that I need to do

Of course, VS comes built in with a couple of tokens (TODO, HACK, UNDONE; comments are then grouped by the different tokens when viewing) but also lets you define your own.

seems like it would be somewhat easy to add the TODO if we use the phpdoc style (@TODO). that's probably one of the few things about Eclipse that I like better than PHPed. As long as I use it as
Code:
/**
*  @TODO some task that needs to be done
*/

Eclipse can pick it up anywhere in the code and build a nice todo list for me Very Happy

gilzow wrote:
seems like it would be somewhat easy to add the TODO if we use the phpdoc style (@TODO). that's probably one of the few things about Eclipse that I like better than PHPed. As long as I use it as
Code:
/**
*/

Eclipse can pick it up anywhere in the code and build a nice todo list for me Very Happy

+1 from me for this!

I'm sure using @todo is acceptable rather than just // TODO: etc. It's also by default used by PHPDocumentor, so it makes sense to to it that way.

gilzow wrote:
Code:
/**
*/

+1 from me as well, my notepad fills up very quickly.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlackGasSend private messageVisit poster's website

/**
* @todo Add a 1+ to the todo feature request
*/
Massive feature request list #5 of 5: FTP, Synch, etc.