NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[done] Massive feature request list #3 of 5: Code compl..

Code completion and hints:
  • If I use code hint to complete a function, don’t make it overwrite a function/variable name I’ve already typed. For instance (ignore any quotes): if I have something that says “$row[‘test_str’]”, then I type “nl2” in front of it, if I then select “nl2br” from the code completion it overwrites the “$row” that I had already typed and makes the result “nl2br()[‘test_str’]” instead of “nl2br($row[‘test_str’])”. It would do something similar if I already had a function call typed in like “testFxn($theVar)”, using code completion would make the result “nl2br($theVar)” instead of “nl2br(testFxn($theVar))”. Either just make it not overwrite, or even more useful would be to make it wrap the parentheses around the existing code.
  • Improve code hint placement, maybe move it below the current code instead of above. It’s more likely that I need to see above to preceding code while I’m coding than it is that I need to see below to following code, and the code hint box covers up the previous few lines of code.

One more: Code completion for PHP’s superglobals and user global vars through $GLOBALS. It would be great if for instance when I type "$_SERVER[" the code completion could then give me all the possible key strings for $_SERVER. Same with $GLOBALS where it could tell me what all global var names I have.
Guru master

I like most of the requests you have made, and I hope they do something with your threads.
However the one about the code completion for superglobals is technically as good as impossible. The contents of those variables are determined at runtime and they don't necessarily have to be identical (ie they change if you call the script from command line, or from a webserver etc).
You could build in some kind of cache for the most common ones, but that would always contain items that won't be valid or miss some and wouldn't be accurate at all. If I know how NuSphere works for a little bit, inaccuracy is unacceptable Wink
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

I think it would be cool, and possible, get have code completion to list what is possible in some global variables like something i use often in $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'], why would they not be able to have PHP_SELF as an option? This is not big and i really don't care about it, it would just be cool.
Site Admin

Quote:
If I use code hint to complete a function, don’t make it overwrite a function/variable name I’ve already typed. For instance (ignore any quotes): if I have something that says “$row[‘test_str’]”, then I type “nl2” in front of it, if I then select “nl2br” from the code completion it overwrites the “$row”

it's a common trap. Many people prefer to have that deleted some other don't. It's up to you to enabled this or not in the tools->settings->Clear when inserting template

Quote:
Improve code hint placement, maybe move it below the current code instead of above. It’s more likely that I need to see above to preceding code while I’m coding than it is that I need to see below to following code, and the code hint box covers up the previous few lines of code

it's again up to you. Feel free to drag away that hint and it will appear in that place next time (it uses relative position, of course)

Wow, very cool. Thanks! By the way, the new color coding on phpDoc code hints is also very nicely done.
[done] Massive feature request list #3 of 5: Code compl..