NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Massive feature request list #2 of 5: Search and Replace

Search and Replace:
  • When text is selected, make the Scope for Find Text and Replace Text default to “Selected text”. A couple of times I’ve accidentally replaced all occurrences of a string in my whole script because the default scope is “Global” even when you have a block of selected code.
  • When I’m in the “Replace dialog” and click “Replace All” on selected text it should tell me at the end how many it replaced, or generate a similar report in the Log window like it does for “Replace All” when you’re doing “Replace in files”.
  • When doing “Search in files” and the Log window is in auto-hide mode, don’t make it pop out until the end of the search. Right now, when I search my entire project it pops in and out every time a new instance of the search term is found.
  • More consistent shortcut keys for search. If Find is Ctrl-F then maybe Search in Files should be Ctrl-Shift-F. If Replace is Ctrl-R then Replace in Files should be Ctrl-Shift-R. This might not be the best idea at this point, since many users are probably accustomed to the shortcuts the way they are, and I can change them myself if I want to anyway. But there’s currently no shortcut key for Replace in Files, so at least that would be a good feature to add.
Massive feature request list #2 of 5: Search and Replace