NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
make the terminal editor copy and paste work like putty

Hi there,

I think the terminal editor is cool, however, without easy copy and pasting, it is not very useful.
Using putty, to copy and paste, the user simply highlights something. The act of highlighting will automatically copy what is highlighted to the clipboard.
Then right clicking somewhere will paste the clipboard. This makes copying paths and commands etc in the terminal very easy.

Currently, the workflow in Nushpere for copy and pasting is quite tedius - after highlighting, I had to access copy and paste via the menu (since control-c is a comand break in terminal!)

I hope Nushphere can fix this and make terminal act much more like putty, as i would love to use nusphere for a fully integrated solution!

Cheers!
Site Admin

The act of highlighting will automatically copy what is highlighted to the clipboard. Then mid-clicking somewhere will paste the clipboard. <-- this is exactly how it works.
NOTE that all mouse clicks are sent to the application executed in the terminal. You have to use Shift-drag to select text in the terminal.
NOTE Mid-click is also known as Wheel-click - it's how all terminals under Unix/Linux work. Not sure why putty chose a slightly different combination.
NOTE Mic-click may be intercepted by the excuted application (for example Midnight Commander does this)