NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Mac OS X Installation Step By Step

When I started writing this post, I was having troubles installing the debugger on OS X. I had read through all the other threads but still couldn't seem to figure out what I needed to do to make it work. In the process of asking my question, I documented step by step what I was doing, and it worked! I figure this may be useful to somebody else....

I have compiled my own php. Here is my configure command:
Code:
./configure' '--prefix=/Library/PHP5' '--with-apxs' '--with-iconv' '--with-openssl' '--with-zlib' '--with-gd' '--with-xmlrpc' '--enable-exif' '--enable-wddx' '--enable-soap' '--enable-sqlite-utf8' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-calendar' '--with-bz2=/usr' '--with-curl' '--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql' '--with-mysqli=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config' '--with-pdo-mysql=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql' '--with-libxml-dir=/sw' '--with-imap-ssl=/usr' '--with-jpeg-dir=/sw' '--with-png-dir=/sw'

Here is my configure command for dbg. It compiles and workes.
Code:
./configure --enable-dbg=shared --with-dbg-profiler --with-php-config=/Library/PHP5/bin/php-config --prefix=/Library/PHP5/

Near the end of the configure command, it gave me an error that permission was denied for ./build/shtool. The attributes on this were RW, no execute bit is on by default. I chmod 755'd the file, ran configure again, and the error went away.

make and make install worked without error, and installed dbg.so into /Library/PHP5/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20050922

In my php.ini file, I added the following lines:
[debugger]
extension=/Library/PHP5/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20050922/dbg.so
debugger.enabled=on
debugger.profiler_enabled=on
debugger.ports=7869, 10000/16

It works! (At least it shows up in phpinfo!!!!) I hope this helps somebody! I'm not sure if adding the execute bit on the shtool file helped or not, but that's all I can see that I did differently this time than the other 3 times I tried.

Peace,

Matt
Site Admin

Thanks for your post, hope it will help many other MACOSX users.

Just one little notice Smile

extension=/Library/PHP5/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20050922/dbg.so
^^^^^^^^^
it is not correct though. The correct two samples are below:
zend_extension=/Library/PHP5/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20050922/dbg.so

or

extension_dir=extension=/Library/PHP5/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20050922
extension=dbg.so
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Thank you for your post, it contained a lot of useful information. I think it will be of great contribution to all the users.
Mac OS X Installation Step By Step