NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
losing session data while debugging (dbg-2.11)

While debugging a fairly large today I ran into a strange problem: it seems that PHP forgets about the data I stored in a session when I try to debug the scripts with DBG v2.11.32 in combination with VS.php.

The project is login-protected. A click on submit redirects me to the secured area of the project (due to a function called "append_dbg()" which I wrote). However, even though the DBGSESSID parameter is appended to all links inside the secured area I get redirected to the login page when I try to access one of the subpages. Debugging the page shows that $_SESSION is set after login, but not set after clicking on one of the links to a subpage. I would like to point out that the whole page works fine when running it in normal mode, the session-data only gets lost in debug mode.

Since I don't know on which side the problem might appear (VS.php's or DBG's) I decided to post the bug report on both forums.

I have uploaded a script to reproduce this behaviour, including the phpinfo output to:

http://mywebsite/dbgtest.rar
Site Admin

Php session handling depends on HTTPs cookies. If you get lost sessions, it means that php session cookies are lost.
To identify the problem, just add phpinfo() function call to the script that loads first after the login (it's where you submit your login data to).
If you're using an IDE with embedded browser, it may be a source of the problem then.

You may want to give PhpED v4 with dbg 2.18.5 a try. They are known keep such cookies well enough Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Thanks for all the help, you were correct that it must be a probem with the http-headers. I handed this bug report on to vs.php developers, hopefully it gets fixed.

PS: VS.php was chosen over PHPed for two reasons - first of all, at our company we do only a few PHP projects, usually C++ using Visual Studio. This meant we preferred an IDE which can be easily integrated into VS. Secondly, the price where vs.php is a lot cheaper.
Site Admin

I thought that people prefer to use software that works.
Sorry if I was wrong.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
losing session data while debugging (dbg-2.11)