NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
loosing shortcuts
Veteran

Does anyone else saw also this issue?:

Sometimes shortcuts back to the default scheme. I set my custom scheme but some time later (few days?) it backs to default. What is wrong ?

BTW. In settings -> Editor -> Editor shortcuts a Key mapping is all time set as Custom (strange?).

are you working with trial version?

No, not Trial dmitri. Its newest version, but probs with shortucts started since 5.0.

We got some reports from people running Vista. They claimed that PhpED loses some of its settings. After a short investigation it appeared that Vista prompted to kill application while it was shutting down and they agreed. Is there a chance that something similar happened in your case?

Sometimes when I close Application its crashes - so thats true. But im running PhpED on Wndows XP.

Before 5.0 sometimes PhpEd had been loosing other settings and now I see only shortcuts (accounts are ok, maby other too but not more settings ive changed after loosing its ALL via upgrading 4.x -> 5.x).

I'm not sure what you mean under "it's crashing". In case of true crash, it would prompt you to submit dumped data to nusphere site when you start the IDE next time. As I understand it did not happen and therefore it's not a crash.
If IDE stores a big ppx file and hangs for 2-5 seconds, it is definitely not a crash. With huge projects you may get ppx of 20-30MB and even more, in this case it may take 20-30seconds and more to save this file. Hope it makes sense to wait, not to kill an application while it's saving its data (for you).

OK, I understand. But sometimes yes, I have prompt in next starting PhpED, but I dont send it, becouse this situation is only in one case - when I try close PhpED with opened some files and any project. If I close a project and workspace and close application, there are no probs - and its true - may I do it too fast, becouse project some projects are big.

But this is not a moment I loose shortcuts.

then we need to know what preceeded the problem Smile

and please submit all the reports IDE asks for.

I dont know what is the problem. Eg. Today i set my shortcuts as I want. Some time later I open PhpED and shortcuts are the same as default scheme (but shown as Custom). No errors, crashes, nothing else what could be strange.

Can you replicate the problem consistenly?

I cant replicate it, becouse this is happening like command added to cron eg in this way: "once per few days shortcuts must be restored from default". Nothing happening with it, just closing and opening PhpED (and nothing special is happening with that).