NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Site Admin

That setting is stored in registry, namely HKCU\software\nusphere\phped5.0\Preferences key, Editor_KeyMapping value.
So if you login under different user accounts you may get different results.

In registrys in all places I have value = Custom and I login only per one account on my computer.

Maybe your system rolls back the registry time after time? As I know it happens.

To solve the problem it's crusial to understand if registry value is affected by the IDE or by the operating system or by somewhat else.
To make the process simplier, you may check value with following command:

reg query HKCU\software\nusphere\phped5.0\Preferences /v Editor_KeyMapping

and run it before you start the IDE, after you finished with IDE and after the OS is booted up.

Dmitri. Like I said I have all registrys set to Custom. Not to Default. I think its more on PhpED side, not registrys, becouse before 5.0 there werent probs with that.

If you see Default in the IDE, its value is definitely from the registry, nowhere else, so could you please nevertheless check registry each time you run the IDE? Before and After and catch when it is dropped to Default?

Ok, I will check it every time. But in PhpED's settings dialog all time I have "Custom", not "Default".

really? Then checking registry makes no sense.
If the setting is always "custom", shortcuts shouldn't be dropped. They are dropped only if you select something different than Custom. In this case next time you select Custom, all the Custom shortcuts will be dropped to the layout that was selected before.

intro wrote:
BTW. In settings -> Editor -> Editor shortcuts a Key mapping is all time set as Custom (strange?).

Dmitri. I said it at the begining of this thread that in PhpEd's settings all time I have custom in select list. But sometimes my Custom scheme resets to the default. So why ? - i'm changing nothing.

I'm sorry for the problems.
I hope it's clear from the beginning that I can't replicate the problem and haven't got any reports like this since v.4.5 or 4.0.
Please try to monitor phped.cfg. It's where all actual shortucts are stored.

Hi, I'm having that same small but annoying problem: when I start phpEd I have no toolbars and my palettes are reset to default location.

I'm on v.4.6.3(build 4633) on XP, and this only started occurring recently (after an upgrade perhaps? I can't be definite)

Any hints would be great! thx in advance! -j

---
Ah : full screen mode I think was enabled. On a dual monitor, 'full screen mode' seems quite indestinguishable from normal mode! Wink

how-to-save-layout-preferences-t2381.html#9585
loosing shortcuts