NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Linux - start dbg listening on 7869..

I'm trying to set up remote debugging through ssh.

I've read through http://forum.nusphere.com/tip-troubleshooting-debugger-communications-ssh-t581.html
and when running the netstat -na|grep 7869 I get nothing back, so obviously it's not running.

I've search around for a few hours trying to find where to start it listening in linux and couldn't find the answer.
I added it to /etc/services, but it started under mysqld for some reason.
Should this be running under ssh?

Any linux gurus know what I'm missing?

Thanks!

Mike.

I finally get it!

I didn't realize that it is the PHPed application that is playing the role of the server for the debugging connection (7869) and that the apache server is not supposed to be listening on port 7869, but rather connects back to the phped server.

(Finally found that information in another post in the forum.. I really did look before posting!) Confused

In my misunderstanding of how it worked I had put the ip address of my local server in the "debugger host" setting under "Tools / Settings / Debugger" so the apache server was trying to connect back to itself instead of to the host which is the IP address of the machine running phped. (just leaving it blank, it auto resolved for me)

Hope this helps someone else. I'm sure I'm probably the only one who didn't understand this though. Rolling Eyes