NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Link class to specific PHP file?
Guru master

I am working on a project which requires me to use some opensource libraries (at least partially). To avoid hassle in the future with updates, they are completely included in the project (ie all files).
The problem is, some library class names are identical to the ones used in the project. Although the files themselves are never loaded & used they are still present. PhpED picks the wrong file for its code insight.
Is there any way to force it to pick the other one?

Yes I know it's bad practice and so on, but the customer determines the rules Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

Quote:
but the customer determines the rules

Yes. And what are the rules? I'm open for your suggestions.

I meant my customer Dmitri Smile
They want the full library to be present in the project so I have to work around it.
But since you moved it to feature requests I assume this isn't possible.
I'll survive, you don't have to look at it as a request, it's not a very common situation.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

No, survey is not needed and it is clear that we need a workaround for such cases. So if you have something to suggest, please go ahead.

Perhaps similar functionality as the project mapping window?
Sort of "Code Mapping" window in project properties where you could add class mappings, functions, constants...

Code insight would look at the entries specified there first. If the entity name is present in the list, the specified file would be used.

Btw, this might also solve problems where someone uses a library outside the project root. I seem to remember such questions in the past...
If you would allow wildcards in the classnames it would be even more powerful.

What do you think?
Site Admin

Yes, you're correct, this is not a new issue.

Well, with current implementation, if all clashing classes are in separated directory (e.g. backup of whole the project in one of its own subdirectories), it can be sorted out with very little efforts: just add the directory name into Hide Directories and it won't be shown in the Workspace. If then you refresh Code Explorer, you will see that corresponding modules/classes will disappear from here too. It also means that they won't be shown in Code Completion.
With project structures that mixes up clashing classes with non-clashing I see no other choises but a resolving table per your suggestion.