NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Line wrap for long variables in locals watch window

I have found the locals window really really (stress really) useful while debugging. But, more than a few times the variable I am watching is too long for the watch locals window, so the part of the variable I am looking for is not visible. For example, when I am constructing a long SQL statement dynamically and I am looking to see if certain parameters have made their way into the string. If you leave your cursor over the variable in the watch locals window, a tool tip pops up which is a bit longer, however this too does not wrap and at times is too short to show the pertinent section of the string.

It would be really great if these local variable values could be wrapped in the watch locals window, so you can see the whole value of the variable.

Very Happy
View user's profileFind all posts by elliotonehouseSend private messageVisit poster's website

It also occured to me that it would be helpful sometimes if you could select the entire contents of a local variable in the watch locals window, and copy it to the computer's clipboard memory to be pasted somewhere else.
View user's profileFind all posts by elliotonehouseSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

there is an "immediate" window designed specially for those tasks.
You can type variable name (or any valid php statement) and get its value in the same editor.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Wonderful! That did the trick. Very Happy

I though you could only assign variable values in the Immediate window. I was attempting to echo out variable names, but to no avail. Now I realize that all you need to do is enter the variable name in and hit enter.

What a great feature. Thanks!
Site Admin

aha, it's just like eval() function. Whatsoever can be put to eval can be entered in immediate window.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Line wrap for long variables in locals watch window