NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Line selection
Veteran

I'd like to be able to select a whole line by clicking the line number or by triple-clicking the line.

Right now, we're close on the line number front - I can drag on the numbers to select multiple lines; however, just clicking to select a single line places a breakpoint. I think breakpoints should only be set if you click in the actual breakpoint gutter area, and clicking the line numbers should always select the whole line.
View user's profileFind all posts by bobwilliamsSend private messageVisit poster's website

Agreed. Coming from a dreamweaver background I still keep setting breakpoints when I try to highlight a line !

Oh wow! Thanks for the tip on dragging on the numbers. I never tried that because clicking on the number didn't work.

This will make my life much easier. Now if I could only select a single line...
View user's profileFind all posts by mchahnSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

hmm, why not to use Mark Line command? Its default shortcut is Ctrl-O,L, feel free to change.

I am also in favor of being able to mark a line, but I prefer clicking the line number to mark the line, and clicking the gutter next to the line number to set a break point. I have never used triple-click for anything, but it kind of makes my index finger hurt a little just thinking about it....

I have enjoyed this feature in Visual Studio for years, and I too was constanly setting breakpoints when I first started using phped.

Smile
Line selection