NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Licensing questions

I have bought Nu-coder and have been trying to understand the licencing side of it.

I have 2 parts to a system i have developed that i want to protect with a licence. I dont want to have to load the licences in the PHP.ini file.

Is it possible to use a licence without it being loaded into the PHP.ini file? would this require a call on each protected page to check the licence if I encode the project with Nu-coder?

What I am trying to accomplish is a client connecting to a server for a rolling 30day licence, so if the client doesnt contact the server to get a new licence, it stops working after 30days.

Is this feasable without loading the licence into the PHP.ini file. This file is in an embedded linux image and not easily rewritten. The client runs Lighttpd & PHP 5.2.9

Thanks for your help
Site Admin

sorry for delay.
Please don't hesitate to your questions to NuSphere Support using this form:
www.nusphere.com/contact_us

Quote:
Is it possible to use a licence without it being loaded into the PHP.ini file?

yes, it's possible and supported. You can implement this in two ways:
1) specify license file name in encoder arguments and loader will look for the file under this name in current directory and in all directories specified in include_path list then in /etc/ and finally in /usr/local/etc directory
2) implicitly load the license using loader API.

Please note that for obvious reason the file that loads the license can not be protected with this license, but it still can be encoded.

Quote:
would this require a call on each protected page to check the licence if I encode the project with Nu-coder?

License is checked everytime anyway, although the performance penalty is minimal.