NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Licence Host ID's and more

I've been testing with the trial version and I like this tool!

But before I put it in my basket, there are some specific questions where I did not found the answer for:
- When I license my product to bind it to a specific PC (Host ID's), how would I know these ID's as PCExpress is (not yet) running on it?
- When a buyer of my encoded program has no access to the PHP.ini, how can I solve that he can run PCExpress?
- Do I understand it correct that when I specify the option "-c 5.0" for the encoded project also PHP versions greater than 5.0 (eg 5.1, 5.2) are able to decode on the -5.0.dll/so?
- Can I add, on the batch command, at the position of "// Produced with Nu-Coder 2.0.0 Evaluation Version" (which is gone with the registered version), my own personal copyright notice?

Thanks for clarifying this!

Richard
Site Admin

Quote:
- When I license my product to bind it to a specific PC (Host ID's), how would I know these ID's as PCExpress is (not yet) running on it?

it's not that hard to run it Smile

for example:

php -z /path/to/phpexpress.so -r phpexpress();

it will dump out phpexpress page html

php -z /path/to/phpexpress.so -r var_dump(phpexpress_hostid());

it will dump out the list of host IDs.

Quote:
- When a buyer of my encoded program has no access to the PHP.ini, how can I solve that he can run PCExpress?

If your buyer has php prior to 5.2.5, files encoded with nucoder 2.0 will find and load phpexpress if it's not loaded. PhpExpress module should be either in the extension_dir, or right in your web directory, or in its phpexpress subdirectory
With php 5.2.5 and above, you need to have phpexpress in extension_dir, or it will not be loaded.

Quote:
- Do I understand it correct that when I specify the option "-c 5.0" for the encoded project also PHP versions greater than 5.0 (eg 5.1, 5.2) are able to decode on the -5.0.dll/so?

Well Smile strictly speaking it depends on what you understand under "decode". If you mean "getting original sources", the answer is no, sources are not used to run encoded files. Encoded files are just like exe (dll) files. You have no their sources and you don't even need them to run the files.
And yes, with php 5.0 or greater, you'll be able to run your files encoded with -c 5.0 option.

Quote:
- Can I add, on the batch command, at the position of "// Produced with Nu-Coder 2.0.0 Evaluation Version" (which is gone with the registered version), my own personal copyright notice?

We do not allow to sell or distribute files produced with trial version. This version is for trial purposes only. Please use it on your own web servers. Commercial version will not contain any extra notices or limitations like this and for sure you can have any headers in the files, including your ones with copyright notice in any form. The only limitation is size which can not exceed 4096 bytes.

Is it possible to run the command to display hostid's with php 4.4 using the command above? It doesn't seem to have a -r option. How could I display the hostids on a php 4.4 system that doesn't yet have phpexpress on it?
Site Admin

why not?
echo "<? var_dump(phpexpress_hostid()); ?>"|php

Quote:
How could I display the hostids on a php 4.4 system that doesn't yet have phpexpress on it?

host ID makes absolutely no sense without phpexpress. This ID is generated by phpexpress and is checked by it.