NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
libmySQL.dll problems - replacing file not working

I have read the posts concerning this issue on the nusphere forums. However, I am having a problem making the solutions work for me. I am taking my copy of libmySQL.dll from [C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin], however when I replace the file I get the message that PHP Ed has stopped working - reinstalling might correct the problem. Of course, when I put the original libmySQL.dll back in place, i get the "client does not support authentication" error.

I am running vista business - 64 bit. Could that be the problem?

I downloaded the latest 64 bit libmySQL.dll file from mysql.com as well, and I get the same results.

Help! I have just drowned in over 4 hours of trying to get my db client to work within NuSphere, and now I am search of the boat.

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

R Bryan Davis
Veteran

I am using the libmySQL.dll from the 64-bit version of MySQL Server 5.1 with PhpED 5.8 without any problem. The only difference I see with respect to your MySQL Server installation is that you are using version 5.0 and I am using version 5.1. Other than trying a newer version of MySQL Server, I do not really have any advice for you.

Actually in my case, I am using PHPEd 5.9 and mySQL 5.0. I believe you wrote 5.8. When I was using version 5.8 phped, i was not having a problem as well. Any thoughts anyone?
Veteran

I upgraded to PhpED 5.9 build 5916 today Very Happy The libmySQL.dll from the 64-bit version of MySQL Server 5.1 still works fine for me.

can you send me a copy of your libmySQL.dll file?
Veteran

Have sent you PM with download link Wink

I didn't use the file you sent me. I uninstalled my version of mySQL (5.0x) and installed mySQL 5.1. I used the libmySQL.dll file from the installation.

Now I get this error when starting nuSphere phpED.exe

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click Ok to terminate the application."

If i replace the new dll with the dll shipped with nusphere phped.exe installation, phped.exe starts okay, but i cannot use the db in the right pane.

help"!!!
Veteran

I have no further ideas, except asking Nusphere technical support for assistance. Sorry Crying or Very sad

This issue has nothing to do with PhpED at all.
32bit application can load 64bit dll. You need 32bit dlls for your 32bit applications.
For the same reasons you need 32bit Shell Extensions if you expect them to work for 32bit applications.

Quote:
i get the "client does not support authentication" error.
I am running vista business - 64 bit. Could that be the problem?

No. You just need newer mysql client library. We'd distribute it with PhpED if mySQL license allowed us to do so.

Hi. Thanks Dmitri for your thoughts. I actually downloaded the latest version of mySQL and the libMYSQL.dll included with the download produced an error that killed the phpED (closed it out). The solution actually ended up being using the libMYSQL.dll delivered with the PHP installation.

RBD
Site Admin

Code:
I actually downloaded the latest version of mySQL

"Latest" does not mean correct. If for example you try to ski down a mountain slope on summer, it won't work. Same goes to 64bit dll that you tried to use with 32bit application. You have to obtain "The Latest" 32bit dll in order to get it working with 32bit application.

Thanks again.

When will PhpED move to 64 bit? Seems all new computers are 64 bit these days.
libmySQL.dll problems - replacing file not working