NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] keys not working
Veteran

Hi,
this morning I upgraded from phped 4.6 to 5.0 and some keys started not working (enter, backspace, cursors and so on).
have you any idea of the reason? in other programs the keys work properly; I tried a reboot but without success

Thank you,
Tom
Veteran

I would just add that the keys not working are the special keys only and not standard keys (a-Z, 1-9)

Could you please help me asap?
Veteran

solved: for some reason the editor shortcuts were Custom with empty values - changed to default and everything started working.

Thank you
Guru master

I experienced exactly the same as you did when i first ran phped after the upgrade.
I just restarted the ide and then it was solved
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

I wonder if there is a problem with the installer when doing an upgrade? I just installed the version 5 eval (over the top of a licensed version 4) and ran into the same thing: keys (backspace, delete, arrow, etc) stopped responding. As you mentioned, the Editor Shortcuts were set to custom (though I had them set to Default in my copy of version 4). Changing it back to default resolved the issue.
Same problem, no obvious trigger

I'm having the same problem as mentioned above: Arrows, Enter, Home, End, PgUp, PgDn etc, none of those "special" keys work. Only keys that actually write a character.

I've been using PhpED 5.0 since May with no problem until this morning. I have NOT installed 5.0.1, nor did I make any other changes to my system since yesterday (at least consciously!), so I can't see what triggered this!

I've tried rebooting, resetting the editor shortcuts to default values, no luck.

I'll try an uninstall/reinstall now.

[Edited later: I did not try the uninstall/reinstall yet. Instead I rolled back to a System Restore Point from Saturday, and that fixed the problem. If it happens again I'll take a snapshot of my Registry and program files before doing the system restore and after to see what's changed.]
Site Admin

Quote:
Edited later: I did not try the uninstall/reinstall yet. Instead I rolled back to a System Restore Point from Saturday, and that fixed the problem

I think that you experienced failure in registry. Indeed, if for any reason Editor_KeyMapping in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NuSphere\PhpED5.0\Preferences becomes empty, you will get editor with no assigned shortcuts. We added a workaround in 5.0.1. It will drop shortcuts to Defaults in case of registry failures.