NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Just down loaded the trial -- couple questions

When I get to .html files with embedded php, it appears as if php is not running. When I look at text input fields (for example) I see what I would normally see if php is not running. I see text like: "$<%echo" -- same as what I would see from a webserver without PHP.

I am typically using <?php ?> and have the asp_tags = On and
the file extensions are .html and .php

Any suggestions?
Site Admin

Do you mean you see wrong text highlighting or improper output after run ?
If you use ASP-like tags, you have to enabled them in php.ini.
Take a look into phpinfo() to see where php.ini is taken and what actual asptags setting is.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

[root@localhost]# ./setup
(Running ./setup will initiate the installation program. Once your browser is initiated you should be at the Welcome to the NuSphere Installation page.

I think this is the root of my problem. I don't ever see an installation page come up in my browser. Is there a way to run it? The install completes at the command line, but that is all that happens. I think most of my problems are due to the fact that things are not configured. The browser is never initiated.
Site Admin

O-o... Do you mean TechPlatform product or PHPED ?
TechPlatform 3.1 and before can be installed using html browser while PHPED never.
If you install TechPlatform, you run setup, then if browser is not started, you'd start it manually, then enter URL http://yourhostname:4001/
where yourhostname is localhost if you ran setup on the same computer as browser, otherwise it should be IP or hostname of the machine where you ran setup.
If you install PHPED, you should run setup under an user account under which you'll work, normally it's not a root account. Setup asks for root password to have rpms properly installed, then it adds PHPED icon on to desktop and updates system menu.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
./setup

>O-o... Do you mean TechPlatform product or PHPED ?

Yes. Things seem to be working better now. Thanks!
Just down loaded the trial -- couple questions