NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Jump to function/file functionality

The only thing missing in PHPEd compared to Eclipse PDT seems to be the ability to jump to a file or function. It is amazingly useful.

For example, if you press Ctrl-Shift-R in Eclipse and start typing, you'll see a dialog which lists all matching files. Keep typing until you see the one file need and press Enter - it opens.

Same goes for methods/functions - Ctrl-Shift-M.

Is it possible to do it with PHPEd, as I haven't found this feature yet? If not, is it possible to put it on the TODO list? PHPEd already knows the list of both files and functions - it needs it for Intellisense, so a quick interface to them makes sense. It really speeds up development and the guys at my new company say that the only thing stopping them from switching to PHPEd is the absence of this feature.

Thanks.
View user's profileFind all posts by Archon810Send private messageVisit poster's website
Guru master

An "instant-search" like functionality for most of the lists is something I've personally been whining about for years Smile
So I guess that's a no on "is it possible?' and a +1 on the request.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

Blizz wrote:
An "instant-search" like functionality for most of the lists is something I've personally been whining about for years Smile
So I guess that's a no on "is it possible?' and a +1 on the request.

I beg for this too. +1
Veteran

Could this be extended to make writing include statements easier? Very Happy

rudder wrote:
Could this be extended to make writing include statements easier? Very Happy

That's a great idea - I've always wondered why there's no intellisense for that.

I wonder if admins ever check the forums... Crying or Very sad
View user's profileFind all posts by Archon810Send private messageVisit poster's website

Bump - no replies in 4 months. Any plans to implement this, PHPEd team?
Re: Jump to function/file functionality
Veteran

Archon810 wrote:
The only thing missing in PHPEd compared to Eclipse PDT seems to be the ability to jump to a file or function. It is amazingly useful.

For example, if you press Ctrl-Shift-R in Eclipse and start typing, you'll see a dialog which lists all matching files. Keep typing until you see the one file need and press Enter - it opens.

Same goes for methods/functions - Ctrl-Shift-M.

Is it possible to do it with PHPEd, as I haven't found this feature yet? If not, is it possible to put it on the TODO list? PHPEd already knows the list of both files and functions - it needs it for Intellisense, so a quick interface to them makes sense. It really speeds up development and the guys at my new company say that the only thing stopping them from switching to PHPEd is the absence of this feature.

When entering a function, PhpED will indeed suggest from known functions (i.e. intellisense). This includes your own functions in the current PHP file and included files. To get your own functions to show up with assistance for parameters, you need to document your functions PhpDoc style.

Once entered, you can jump to a function definition with CTRL + left mouse click.

it would be nice to bable to open a file when clicking it in the code.

eg require_once ('somefile.php');
ctrl-clicking etc opening the somefile.php file would be nice feature.
Veteran

You can currently right-click the file name and choose "Open File At Cursor". I agree that CTRL-clicking would be easier and more intuitive.