NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Jump To Function, Backup, Delimitor, ...
Guru master

Some possible enhancements for PhpED...
(another one of those mails Wink

1. Jump To... function for a self written function that PhpED knows (eg it gives you the sourcefile and line already as a popup, why not being able to jump to it's source)

2. Jump To... current execution point. If you pause the debugger, or have lots of open files, it's not always easy to find the execution point again..

3. Customizeable word delimitor characters for jumping through words with Ctrl + <- and Ctrl + ->
Personally I would like to be able to stop on operators and so on as well

4. Support for "spacey" coding. EG I like to code object function calls as
$object -> function ( ); I love using spaces Wink

5. Being able to force backup files in a pre-specified directory (like ProjectRoot\Backup or so), so that the files don't cluther the actual project directory but that you still have a backup.

Dunno how much of those are physically possible (guess that depends on the program structure), but I wanted to express them anyway Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

Quote:
1. Jump To... function for a self written function that PhpED knows (eg it gives you the sourcefile and line already as a popup, why not being able to jump to it's source)

ehh, it's possible from the Code Explorer window only. Ability to jump from the editor will be added one day...
Quote:
2. Jump To... current execution point. If you pause the debugger, or have lots of open files, it's not always easy to find the execution point again..

Dbl click on the topmost line in Call Stack will bring you to execution point.
Quote:
3. Customizeable word delimitor characters for jumping through words with Ctrl + <- and Ctrl + ->

Quote:
it will be added.
. Support for "spacey" coding. EG I like to code object function calls as
$object -> function ( ); I love using spaces

I love them too. What happened to them ? What's wrong ?
Quote:
5. Being able to force backup files in a pre-specified directory (like ProjectRoot\Backup or so), so that the files don't cluther the actual project directory but that you still have a backup.

if we keep just one backup of the file it won't solve most of the problems. Consider using Version Control system like CVS or similar. IMHO it's much better approach.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Guru master

ddmitrie wrote:
Quote:

ehh, it's possible from the Code Explorer window only. Ability to jump from the editor will be added one day...

Agreed, but that is only if the function is in the same sourcefile, I was referring to functions in other files Smile

ddmitrie wrote:
Quote:

Dbl click on the topmost line in Call Stack will bring you to execution point.

Missed that one, noted.

ddmitrie wrote:
Quote:

it will be added.

spanx Smile
ddmitrie wrote:
Quote:
Support for "spacey" coding. EG I like to code object function calls as
$object -> function ( ); I love using spaces

I love them too. What happened to them ? What's wrong ?

Are you making fun of me? Razz

ddmitrie wrote:
Quote:

if we keep just one backup of the file it won't solve most of the problems. Consider using Version Control system like CVS or similar. IMHO it's much better approach.

True, I already do that for "more important" projects, but I just liked this feature in UltraEdit for example (my other preferred editor).

Thanks for the answer.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

Quote:
Agreed, but that is only if the function is in the same sourcefile, I was referring to functions in other files

I see no point Smile. Why can't you click on function located in different file(s) ?
Don't you see them shown ? Switch to another showing mode in code explorer.

Quote:
Are you making fun of me?

got your point... I didn't know spaces affect codecompletion.
Yet, the fix will be available in the next version only or in 3.3 if we find any super-problem in 3.3.2 and decide to release next update pack...
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Guru master

ddmitrie wrote:
I see no point Smile. Why can't you click on function located in different file(s) ?
Don't you see them shown ? Switch to another showing mode in code explorer.

Okay, now it's official... I'm stupid Embarassed
I really should learn how to RTFM.

Talking about code completion: could it be possible perhaps to allow inclusion of a space between a function name and the '(' ? (i know, i'm whining Wink). Visual Assist for example has this ([edit] spaces between function and ( )

I'll shut up now Smile
*sound of zipper closing*
Site Admin

no prob Smile
Jump To Function, Backup, Delimitor, ...