NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] js file type problem?

I can't seem to use the js file type. I tried creating a new file with the js file type and cutting and pasting some text in; PHPED hangs. I tried creating a new file with js file type and just hitting enter key and get a list index out of bounds (0) error message. I tried saving a php file as JS after putting js code in it and PHPED hangs.

PHPED 4.6.3 build 4633 on Windows XP.

I have no idea if this will fix your problem, but there is one more build after the one you have (4634). Perhaps an upgrade will fix the issue? I use .js files all the time with no problems.

-r
JS FILES

Thanks. Actually there is a build 4635 out there now, though the news in their news forum lists 4634. I downloaded and installed it and REBOOTED and the problem went away. I have no idea whether the new release or the reboot cleared the problem up.

Very exciting! Another release... If only it was 5.0.....

-r
Re: JS FILES
Veteran

fkelly wrote:
Thanks. Actually there is a build 4635 out there now, though the news in their news forum lists 4634.

I had no idea there was a 4635. My employer bought the IDE for me, so I don't have access to the download area. I also didn't receive any sort of e-mail message. What's new? Will a post be made in the news forum anytime?

NuSphere: It'd be really nice if you announced new versions on your public site and offered an updater there, as well. That way, folks like me who are legitimate users but who don't have access to the download area can get new versions without going through a chain of other people.
View user's profileFind all posts by bobwilliamsSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

correct, 4635 fixes this hang that may happen when editing js files. That's the only major problem fixed in 4635 over 4634.