NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
jQuery code hinting

So I really dig the new javascript code hinting how about easy jQuery integration. That would be sweet. I think it would be a great library to support. Love the new IDE 6.0 Smile

Sign me up for jQuery integration!

Jitse

+1
jQuery intergration

Count me in for this aswell.

As we are going down the HTML5 route how about jQuery Mobile also. May be a simple addition to the standard jQuery.

Waiting patiently !!
JP
View user's profileFind all posts by Jonathan_ParkerSend private messageVisit poster's website

+1

This should be something that we can add on our own. Can there be some added functionality where we can add the libs ourselves rather than having it built in by the dev team?
Site Admin

did you try v6? In this version code completion recognizes jQuery methods. All you need is to make sure that jQuery module is somewhere in the project.

Does this work with Mootools library as well?
Site Admin

I didn't try, but it should work. Just add mootools directory into the project - either directly into the tree or as an additional directory, then check Code Explorer on JS tab. The classes you see there, will be used in code completion/find declaration/etc

dmitri wrote:
did you try v6? In this version code completion recognizes jQuery methods. All you need is to make sure that jQuery module is somewhere in the project.

I have the latest version installed, but I can't see the code completion for jQuery methods. Perhaps that's because I have the minified version in my project?
Site Admin

Did you place jquery js file into the project?
It's what you have to do.

dmitri wrote:
Did you place jquery js file into the project?
It's what you have to do.

Obviously!!! I've tried putting either the minified and the standard versions one at a time / both at the same time, and in neither case the popup shows when I type the standard way ~ $('<selector>').method(...)

lava.caballero wrote:
Obviously!!! I've tried putting either the minified and the standard versions one at a time / both at the same time, and in neither case the popup shows when I type the standard way ~ $('<selector>').method(...)

Wait a second... I was using jQuery version 1.5 ...I've upgraded the file to the latest one (1.6.4) and now it is working! I've used the full version of the script. I don't get any hints in the popup (yeah, it's not commented using xDoc methodology), but at least I get the functions, methods and the parameters as they're defined in the script.

So, in short: YES, jQuery completion is supported in version 6.
jQuery code hinting