NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Joomla, phpEd and codecompletion

I want to do Joomla development and use phpEd for it, however when I type for example:
"JHTML::" nothing is suggested, whereas I'd expect it to suggest all members of that class.

Is there a way to fix this? Am I overlooking something?
Any help is welcome, I'd really like to fix this.

Thanks in advance
Did you find out how to do this?

I've been watching this post to see if there's a response provided by anyone but nothing so far. If you've figured it out it would be great if you could share.

To the moderators: if its not possible to do this it would be good to post to say so.

The only way i can see that this wouldnt work, would be if you hadnt set up the project properly - so phped hasnt found / indexed the files that contain that class.

Do you use latest phpEd? There has been some bug fixes in latest builds regarding static classes and/or properties according to changelog.

Hello,

we are using phpEd 100% for Joomla and Virtuemart development. I have tested nearly all available IDE's with Joomla and i can say that phpEd has the best code parser for Joomla.

Just create a local directory with a Joomla installation and extensions you normally use. Then create a project in phpEd with this installation and save the workspace. That's all you need.

The best thing is, that the code completion not only works in files opened from the project. It is available in every file you work on - even if opened from FTP.

Thomas
View user's profileFind all posts by tkahlSend private messageVisit poster's website

I'm on the latest release but I don't see code completion except for classes in the current document. I have a project setup mapped to a directory and when the project opens it scans the structure but does not offer me the ability to use code complete nor does it show available classes/methods/properties.

I agree its a pretty good parser. But that's not what I'm looking for and it's not clear to me that people who have posted are answering the question. Seems more like "Go, PhpEd, go!"

I'm creating components for Joomla. I'm in the index.php file and want to use the log class. I type "JLog::" and ask PHPEd to list the methods available but it responds "Code completion not available...Failed to find class 'JLog'"

Code completion works fine for local class but, apparently I'm doing something wrong because its not working in any other scenario.

Strange. See the image here: http://www.vm-expert.com/jlog.png. It shows an unsaved new file with no code in it. And it still shows the code completion...

Thomas
View user's profileFind all posts by tkahlSend private messageVisit poster's website

tkahl wrote:
Strange. See the image here: . It shows an unsaved new file with no code in it. And it still shows the code completion...

Thomas

EDIT: The IDE offers you functions, objects, etc. from ACTIVE project in code completion. Then you can have empty file from another (inactive) project, but the code completion still offers you data from the ACTIVE project.

eehhm, that's what i wanted to show - as you can read in my post further up...

Thomas

@tkahl

It encouraging to see that code completion should be possible. Here's an image of what I see: @http://s3downloads.lyquidity.com/JLog.png

There's a workspace, a project, the project has loaded all the Joomla PHP files and, for good measure, log.php is open in another window. As you can see, there's only an error message. I can accept I'm doing something wrong and any hints suggesting what the error might be will be helpful and gratefully received.

Code completion *is* enabled under tools.

OK, I was doing something stupid. The PHPEd installation sets to true the the option "Limit scope to includes" on the Code Completion pages of the settings window. Changing this option to false solves the problem.

To NuSphere: consider changing this setting to a default setting of false.
PhpED PHP IDE / Windows

Hey people I am new to this post.So please help me to get more idea about this so even i can post my review here and be the part of this forum.
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Joomla, phpEd and codecompletion