NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
JavaScript code navigator (possibly explorer)
Veteran

It would be awesome if JavaScript on a page could be read into the code navigator (then you could provide intellisense, which is what I really want).

Another vote for this.

I think this is an important feature to have with the amount of web application work happening in JavaScript these days. The Syntax highlighting provided is good, we just need some more!

Ideally I would like to see the JavaScript intellisense working in:
* JavaScript files (.js)
* PHP Files (so a mix of HTML, PHP and Javascript can all have their intellisense in one file)
* smarty template files

and while we are at it, can we please have firebug (or other mozi JS debugging) built into the embedded mozilla browser. This will give PhpEd the ability to debug javascript as well as PHP Smile

I hope this all makes sense!

I've been looking all over for an editor that does that or at the very least has all the prototypes from the big JS frameworks (JQuery, Prototype, etc)

KOMODO IDE can do this !!
But I'm much comfort with PhphED Interface !
JS code navigator is a must today...

JS code navigator is a must today...
... and code explorer would be nice too. I totally vote for this, because in AJAX days having no JS code navigator is really painful. And since we have built-in debuggers like Firebug, why not add code explorer and possibly JS debugger too?
NuSphere, WE SO NEED THIS! Don't let us down.
Thank you in advance.

Another vote for this!

being about to write

document.

and have a list of all the (standard) properties of the DOM would be fantastic (and save me a whole stack of time googling the object to see what properties it has!)

If this can be integrated well into PhpEd then it will be another MAJOR selling point (and attract even more customers) as well as a big time saver for developing.

so, Please nusphere, can we have this feature Smile
Veteran

And another Vote for this.

When PhpED has no intellisense and code folding for JavaScript it is currently not useful for creating project based on ajax.

As "Boxie" said, 'it will be another MAJOR selling point (and attract even more customers) as well as a big time saver for developing'. Very good point!

But one new vote for css code folding and intellisense. For example in Web Developer when I define a class for css - for example:
.cssclass { font-size: 12px; } .secondcssclass { color: red; } ... then with html files I can use it as this way: <div class="[list of classes, in example: cssclass, secondcssclass] ...

I am wondering if there is a fast way to implement for phped dynamic lists of code completion and/or tag's definitions, becouse when there is possible to write small updater which parses all of project's code and create lists then this wont work now until PhpED is restarted.

In large projects currently I create lists of css classes and some template's specified tags which I need to work and after add some new css stuffs I must run this updater and restart PhpED.

Regards, M.

Wow! I have been asking for this for several years now. With so much of the web going ajax, javascript has become a fact of life for most web developers... This would be a fantastic addition!

a BIG vote for this.

I don't need extended JS tools, just a code navigator, which can't be too hard..
a function is a function, a variable is a variable and a class is a class.

I strongly support the idea.

I myself do a lot of PHP/XHTML/Ajax development, and I'm mainly using jQuery as my JS framework. It would be amazing for phpEd et auto-detect included js files and parse all functions and objects so we can not only explore the code, but also have auto-completion...

For example, if I do this in JQuery: $(div")., I would love to have a list of available methods when I type the dot... since $ is an object, it shouldn't be too hard to parse it.

I've been waiting for this for a long time now!

Haven't tried another IDE in a long time, 'cos PhpED really has great features.

But I installed NetBeans the other day and was shocked how far they went. Of course checking out PHP support was the first thing, but I'll stick with PhpEd in this one, but the other features:
- SVN: local history & file diff
- SOA: WSDL, XML development and validation
- JavaScript: almost all mayor frameworks are included, and what strucked me most is 'Fix my code...' option that will check your JavaScript and tell you how to improve your scripts.

I've been working with SOAP and JS for so long now that I have my own methods of debugging, but PhpEd has to implement JS support ASAP.
View user's profileFind all posts by konixnetSend private messageVisit poster's website

Wow, thanks for the NetBeans tip konixnet. Both the official release 6.5 and the development trunk (http://deadlock.netbeans.org/hudson/job/PHP-build/) worked really well. I only wish I could use either NuSphere's DBG Debugger or XDebug and not have to switch when switching from one IDE to the other. NetBeans's JS support is a good model for PhpED to consider.
JavaScript code navigator (possibly explorer)