NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
JavaScript and HTML support

Please consider adding JavaScript and HTML support into PHPEd. Some other editors do this to some degree (which makes sense given that PHP often involves both HTML and JavaScript in real world usage scenarios). I know there's some basic support there, but it would be nice to see more.

I second this request.

We left HomeSite for PHPEd. HomeSite was great as an HTML editor but poor for PHP. It seems like we swapped improvements in one for trade-offs in the other as PHPEd is great as a PHP Editor but severely lacking as an HTML editor.

Even turning on HTML tag completion is a pain, and it simply doesn't work quite as logically as either HomeSite, TopStyle, or CSE HTML Validator as an HTML editor.

One more vote.

PhpEd is php editor, but html is main interface to our end users and better support is needed regarding code completition, css linking, code coloring regarding form/table elements and maybe code folding on a html level (div/form/table).
View user's profileFind all posts by konixnetSend private messageVisit poster's website

Hear Hear! Since PHP and AJAX is becoming so popular, proper JavaScript and (X)HTML features should also be made as strong as the PHP side of things. It's sad that all IDE's lack in either one area or another forcing folks to use IDE X for developing X section/portion of a project and IDE Y for Y features and/or functionality.

I LOVE PHPED and would like to see it become the defacto for all PHP related development.
Veteran

one next vote

I agree. Javascript ad HTML support seem to make a lot of sense for this product.

Having code completion and validatiation for JavaScript, CSS, and (X)HTML (though completion for HTML seems to exist) would round out PhpED nicely - espicially since most of my PHP scripts are for web applications.
Veteran

For users who already use Homesite, you can set up PHPEd so that it can send your file to Homesite with an easy shortcut key. If anyone is interested I can put instructions in the Integration Scripts forum (its not really a script, yuou just need to set some settings). For instance I have it so that whatever file I have open I hit "CTL-SHIFT-H" and it will open that file in Homesite. I then use homesite to edit whatever I need, then I save it. PHPEd will automatically ask me to refresh the file. It feels pretty "seamless" to me.
Site Admin

You can even avoid "automatically ask me to refresh the file" step by enabling auto-reloading feature.
It won't ask to reload if file is not modified after you saved it.

And yes, please submit your instructions on that forum Exclamation

Yes, PLEASE!
And add custom HTML tag syntax coloring too please (ie IMG, A, INPUT, SCRIPT, LINK, etc.).

It is soooo hard to find these tags in a large doc.

Yes, I've been trying to leave Homesite ever since Macromedia/Adobe effectively abandoned it and I've yet to find a replacement. PhpED is almost there to knocking Homesite out of my programs folder. One thing that I almost require is the ability to find the matching HTML tags. In Homesite, all I have to do is ctrl+shift+double-click a tag and it will select the tag, the closing tag, and everything in between. That, tag color coding, and keyboard shortcuts for code snippets are the only things keeping me from switching.

Even just yesterday i was looking for PhPED 'code navigator' style javascript support either natively or via some kind of plugins system.
Alas PhPED doesn't support it (yet) because yes: if i had to make a wishlist that feature would certainly make it into my top 5 (maybe top 3 even...)

Even for PHP projects there's hardly a site that doesn't use javascript in some way or another... (at least the sites i help with Wink

would be nice to see HTML code folding and open-close tag highlighting in PhpED. Rolling Eyes
JavaScript and HTML support