NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Issue with <MAIN> tag in HTML5

Can anybody tell me what setting you need to change for the IDE to not incorrectly report a <MAIN> tag in html5 content as an unrecognized tag? The editor is set up to parse HTML5 and CSS3 (in Settings->Code Insight->Parser Properties) but keeps on complaining.

I did try to follow the forum rules and used the contact us form since it appeared to be a bug, but was told that I can only use that facility if I'm a pro user.

edit: I'm using PhpED v16
Guru master

PhpED uses CSE HTML Validator Lite version to do at least some of the HTML validation. I have the full version of CSE HTML Validator Pro, which does offer extra features even within PhpED such as providing validation options.

I've just done a test and sure enough, within PhpED a valid HTML file fails validation for <main>, but if I validate directly from CSE HTML Validator it passes validation.

So on that basis it would appear that PhpED is passing something incorrectly to CSE HTML Validator so the validation does not work properly.

It certainly used to work and I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, so I just reported it as a bug.
Guru master

Sad to say that I reported this as a bug on 8-Jan and not so much as an acknowledgement from NuSphere. Sad

plugnplay wrote:
Sad to say that I reported this as a bug on 8-Jan and not so much as an acknowledgement from NuSphere. Sad

Hi plugnplay. I did get a response back from them a bit later on I think. The person stated the following:

....support for HTML5 was introduced when this standard was not finished.
It will be updated some time later......

but since I'm not a pro user, I don't think that they logged it as a bug - maybe there's already a ticked open for the issue?
Issue with <MAIN> tag in HTML5