NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Is PHPEd dead?

I have this weird feeling that NuSphere will go under soon.

Have they stopped developing PHPEd? Any insider knowledge?

@dmitri - any word on this?
Guru master

I was wondering this myself. Haven't seen an update in so long. Last one was 18035 in June. I see PhpED issues on a daily basis. Admittedly I don't bother reporting any more. I used to spend many hours reporting and assisting with issue resolution, but I just don't have the time for that these days so I try and work around/with issues.

Even the PhpED debugger, the reason I stay with PhpED, is not coping well with the latest frameworks. Very slow, does not cope at all well with large objects with recursive references (actually a reported issue) and doesn't work well with the huge call stacks that some frameworks are creating.

I still prefer the way the PhpED editor works, but the current editor implementation is buggy and can be very slow, at least for me.

Maybe I will make a list of issues and report them, but I'm sure others must be having the same problems and possibly already reported. Actually I just looked at some of the issues reported over a year ago and many of them still exist.

Sad to say I'm finding PhpED somewhat frustrating. Even I as very much a PhpED fan & advocate wonder what its future is going to be.

Well, clearly something is wrong.

This thread would not have lasted this long. Imagine potential new customers coming to check out the forum......

But, all things considered, this is the logical end. Company that started so well and used to deliver amazing product, stopped caring about its customers.

I think the lack of a response to this simple question after 5 days answers your question for all of us. My PHPEd support contract just expired, but they were totally willing to take my money to renew it although I doubt I'd get anything in return for it.

According to his LinkedIn profile, Dmitri moved on from Nusphere a while ago. It won't let me post links on here, so go to linkedin DOT com, and search for Dmitri Dmitrienko. The guy has an impressive resume, I'll give him that. Smile

Farewell PHPEd and NuSphere. Dmitri, you are clearly a genius and a gifted programmer, but with all due respect, get someone else to manage the company if you try a new business in the future. Cool

Dear Nusphere customers,
We'd like to let you know that we're very much alive, actually we're planning new update soon and new release by the end of the year. Dmitri was and still is involved with our software development so no worries there too. Hope it helps to alleviate your concerns.
In case of issue you know of course that submitting your bug reports over "contact us" form is the best way to move forward, and then to communicate with the support by sending requested information like screenshots, code samples, etc.
Best regards,
Nusphere Customer Care
Site Admin

Rumors about NuSphere death are greatly exaggerated.

Indeed there was a pause in v18 updates. Partially it's because we were focused on getting v19 features developed and partially because we were getting only seldom complaints about v18.

In fact we're here, alive and in good shape.
V19 will prove that soon.

Any idea when V19 will be ready and what could we expect from it?
Site Admin

V19 is expected in two months or less.
With this release PhpED will get multiple improvements and some new features, including support for php-7.2 and code coverage.
Sorry, I can't provide more specific info

dmitri wrote:
V19 is expected in two months or less.

Two months have passed... and?
Site Admin

Thanks for your interest.
The product is in QA stage. It will be released as soon as it gets all the QA procedures passed

dmitri wrote:
Thanks for your interest.
The product is in QA stage. It will be released as soon as it gets all the QA procedures passed

Thanks for answer.
Is it true that you are already working somewhere else and do not have time to full-time development of PhpED?

In my opinion PhpED is in a good shape. Thanks to the latest fix(0005429 I guess) it is not lagging any more when about 15 large Zend Framework 2 based projects are heavily used in one workspace. Support for 4K screen is also a thing I could not live without. Well done and keep on!
Is PHPEd dead?