NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Veteran

As a long time PhpED user, I am overjoyed to see the release of version 6. I hope that there is lots of life left in this product. I also hope that we will be seeing more of Dmitriy or other staff members on this forum again.

Enigma wrote:
skalir wrote:
I still can't seem to open the PhpEd help from hitting F1, Ctrl-F1 or the Help button either

When you place the text cursor in a PHP keyword (PHP function name, language construct etc.) and press Ctrl-F1, the PHP manual is opened with the appropriate page showing up (in PhpED 5.9.5, I didn't install 6.0 yet).

Cheers,
Jan

Yeah, I know how its supposed to work, for me and a couple programming buddies of mine, though, it does nothing at all, when you use that method.

Also, just noticed on PhpEd 6.0 (build 6025), that I'm getting random problems with FTP uploads, "Connection Closed Gracefully" randomly occuring and doesn't go away until a restart of the program, and then its good for an hour or so, filed a proper bug report for this too.
View user's profileFind all posts by skalirSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number

Ah, I see changelog now shows "6.0 build 2026" with some bug fixes, am downloading the new release now, to re-test these problems. Will post an update shortly.
View user's profileFind all posts by skalirSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number

When i press F1 on php function i get 404 error in internal browser and this in log:

Action Failed to navigate to URL: mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files%20(x86)\nusphere\phped\help\php_manual_en.chm::/fancy/function.unserialize.html 09:02:40

File it references does exist

I just installed PhpED 6. It is broken Sad

The "Search in Files" feature does not work anymore.

I've tried searching in Project and Directories, tried different file-masks (including *.*), etc.

I'm not sure it's even looking - the "Searching" field usually remains blank, the only file I've seen displayed there is ".htaccess"

My project is on a mapped network drive, if that makes any difference (Search in Files worked perfectly fine in 5.9).

Is there any way to fix this , or downgrade my PhpED? I need to do work!

hurrakan wrote:
I just installed PhpED 6. It is broken Sad

The "Search in Files" feature does not work anymore.

I've tried searching in Project and Directories, tried different file-masks (including *.*), etc.

I'm not sure it's even looking - the "Searching" field usually remains blank, the only file I've seen displayed there is ".htaccess"

My project is on a mapped network drive, if that makes any difference (Search in Files worked perfectly fine in 5.9).

Is there any way to fix this , or downgrade my PhpED? I need to do work!

Please check whether "Recursively" checkbox is checked (next to "Browse..." button in search dialog)

Help still seem to be broken in 6029:

Action Failed to navigate to URL: mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files%20(x86)\nusphere\phped\help\php_manual_en.chm::/fancy/function.preg-replace-callback.html 10:37:15
Guru master

Help works fine on my 64-bit system. My php help file is even in the same place as yours. I just typed in preg_replaced() and pressed F1, then up popped the help.

I recommend submitting a ticket to NuSphere and be specific on your version of Windows plus how you are accessing help.

Search in files still doesn't work on network drives though. Sad

Fortunately on my development system all my folders and files are local, so at least it works on there Smile

Edit: Of course, I meant preg_replace()

Last edited by plugnplay on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total

I think the update with the 6.0 version really put the tool on the map of computing. Though it would be really hard to determine the numerical equivalent, it felt like it was really a lot faster.

And with the additional support to html 5 and css 3, it just proved that a wider base can now be reached.

I hope we get to establish a centralized information blog that would make it easier for users to keep up to date.
Site Admin

alexei wrote:
Help still seem to be broken in 6029:

Action Failed to navigate to URL: mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files%20(x86)\nusphere\phped\help\php_manual_en.chm::/fancy/function.preg-replace-callback.html 10:37:15

Please don't confuse people.

/fancy/
^^^^^

it's your manual fails, not ours.
The manual shipped with PhpED does not contain such path.

If you need fancy version of php manual to work, you have to build it CORRECTLY with correct TOC in particular, not like it was built in those tricky scripts. BTW the [DE] manual suffers from the same problem - the TOC is broken.

dmitri wrote:
If you need fancy version of php manual to work, you have to build it CORRECTLY with correct TOC in particular, not like it was built in those tricky scripts.

Or you take a look at http://forum.nusphere.com/tip-php-extended-help-with-user-notes-t5858-13.html and send me a PM. Smile

Cheers,
Jan

I dont know what is fancy manual is and i for sure never installed it myself, it could have come with previous version of phped...
Is there any way to switch back to non fancy one? There's probably something in phped config files i can edit.
Is PhpED 6.0 getting really close?