NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Is it possible to pipe integration scripts?

Is there a way to pipe integration scripts together? I have a few scripts that I sometimes need to run individually, and sometimes I need them to run in a chain, one after the other.

I tried the obvious, separating the commands with pipes (|) but that didn't work. Is this at all possible, or should I write integration scripts that execute other integration scripts one after the other? I could easily do that, but I thought I'd ask if it's at all possible to do from the integration settings.
Veteran

Yes. It is possible, but You must do one script which will run other scripts one by one. You can even run other application for OS and get results. Running scripts in some specified order is not possible in other way.

You can run for example one script with using "system" or "exec" - in this way You have more possibilities and You can implement also some conditions for next steps.
Also You can set some params, like php's path or other pathes and then get those params from argv. Etc. Etc. Etc.

An above is my way to run a few scripts at once in some specified order.

Regards.