NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
is code completion with PHP-GTK possible?

Hello, I am trying to set up a project to work with php-gtk2. While I can use the IDE to edit files, I cannot run them through PhpEd or use code completion. Looking through the archives, I noticed that someone was trying to use the debugger with php-gtk, so there must be someway to properly integrate this library with the IDE.

Should I be placing the directory somewhere specific? (Right now it sits under the php5 directory in the nusphere folder)

thanks!
View user's profileFind all posts by unarmedmanSend private messageVisit poster's website
Guru master

If you have a folder outside of your current project and you want code insight on it, just take a look at the projects' properties.
At the bottom there is a dropdown to add "code insight includes". Just add the folder containing the GTK2 code in there and it will be used
for code insight as well, which should solve your problem.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

Ah, forgot about the code mapping page! I've had this IDE for half year now, and this will be my first use libraries outside the root folder. I am too forgetful.

This wouldn't solve the inability to use the Run/Debug/Profile commands though, right? How can I use those with php-gtk?
View user's profileFind all posts by unarmedmanSend private messageVisit poster's website
Guru master

If the actual execution starts within your project root I personally don't see why it shouldn't work. Is PHP-GTK2 that special (have no experience with it tbh).
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

The Windows package of PHP-GTK2 is a single directory that contains a php executable along with the usual php directories(extensions and whatnot). Gtk 2.0 is in a subdirectory, mostly in dll files. This is where I get confused.

First, do I set up PhpEd to run the php executable in the PHP-GTK package, or do I stick with the IDE's default?

Second, I'm not even sure if code complete will work by simply pointing to the directory, since its not in usual files types but rather dll files.

Also - the Run/Debug/Profile commands all open up a browser window, which would of course not be needed here.
Guru master

Ah in that case... no. I had no idea it would be a binary. PhpED can only add code insight from files that are readable. I know that the predefined functions are in XML-like format so in theory it should be possible to add new functions to it, but dunno if that is feasible. (Checkout func.cfg and func.rel in your config directory).
Is probably not a really good alternative, can't think of anything else atm since it is not possible in PHP to do a forward declaration of something.

Hello,

I asked about this awhile ago, and never received a definitive answer. Is it possible to get code completion for PHP-GTK2 in PhpEd?

If not, is there a better choice for software to work with PHP-GTK2? And please don't refer me to Glade, I know it exists and that's not what I am looking for, I am looking for a code editor to work with PHP-GTK2.

thanks!
- Eric

UPDATE: I may have found something here:

http://php-gtk.eu/en/enabling-code-completion-for-phpgtk-in-your-php-ide

I am going to test this over the weekend and report my results.
is code completion with PHP-GTK possible?