NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Installing Tech Platform 5.0 for Windows

Hello, I upgraded to PhpED ver 5.0 today and decided to set up my Windows laptop PC as a server for development purposes. I am running Windows XP. I have downloaded TechPlatform-5.0-Win32.exe 2 different times today and got the same results.

I get this error message when running the install program:

I downloaded a registry scan program by IObit called Advanced WindowsCare V2 Personal. I ran this several times to clean up any registry errors.

I uninstalled TechPlatform 5.0 and installed it again. Still got the same error message above. After cancelling the error message, the install finishes but Apache will not start on my computer. When it prompts me to restart my computer, I do this and then get the following message after my computer restarts:

When I restart my computer, the apache icon does appear in the bottom right tray and says "Apache Stopped". When I right click the icon and click "Start Apache", I get the error message above again, then an additional message below:

I check to make sure the apache file exists at the address above and it is there, so I'm not sure whey my computer doesn't recognize it. I assume it has something to do with the other error messages and not being able to write to memory.

Any thoughts or suggestions on what I need to do to get this to install successfully. I do have skype running in the background on my computer. I did turn that off and installed again. I got the same result.

Thanks,
Jim
Fixed by adding exceptions to DEP

After doing some searching, I came across a support page at Microsoft for Data Execution Prevention.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875351

I opened the system control panel and added httpd.exe and openssl.exe from the apache bin folder into the exception list for Data Execution Prevention. Now everything works fine.
Installing Tech Platform 5.0 for Windows