NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Installing PHP Express at (mt) Media Temple

Hi,

Yet another one of those, "Does this mean I can install it or not?" questions?.

I've enquired with several hosts about using PHPExpress. While the majority of them responded unfavourably, Media Temple said:
Quote:

To answer your question specifically, if the PHPExpress module can be added via SSH to use on the (gs) Grid-Service hosting solution then no problem.

Otherwise, you will need to obtain our (dv) Dedicated Virtual Server hosting solution instead as that platform provides you with root access to the server in order to install any third party application.

Given the SSH access, does this mean that I could install PHPExpress?

Thanks for the help!

Rich
Site Admin

SSH is a way to copy module to the server and edit configuration files there. It does not mean that your SSH account has all necessary rights to change php.ini or add new ones into php.d directory, and restart web daemon.
Please ask them if they allow you to change php configuration, add php modules, and restart web server.

It's a typical for marketing dept to advertize more than support wants to support Smile