NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Installing 5.0 (upgrade)

I have been trying to installl 5.0 and have had some problems. I am getting an error after the install. The install completes fine, then the editor launches. As soon as it is up for a few seconds I get an error that says this:

Unrecoverable Error:

PHPED.EXE checksum mismatched. Please reinstall the product.. IDE will be closed.

I tried to reinstall several times but I keep getting the same error. I also rebooted my machine.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

-r

I just dwonloaded the file again and it is working fine. Maybe something happened during the download because the file sizes were different.

-r
Veteran

We had a small glitch on initial upload - sorry about that. It is fixed now
Veteran

Very nice that many of settings didnt saved after installing PhpED 5.0 Confused Many time I must now spent again to set up PhpED.

For future, please, try to make installator which will member previous settings.

That is only one big issue. Rest is very good. Thanks NuSphere ! Smile

Could you please specify what particular settings were lost?
And did you install into the _same_ directory?
Could you please check if Home entry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NuSphere\PhpED5.0 has any value?

Settings lost with my upgrade:

1) Office 11 look & feel (I have this disabled and now it started enabled)
2) "Recent..." lists
View user's profileFind all posts by NatanielSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

oh, such a huge loss!
Please copy registry from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NuSphere\PHPEd4.6\RecentFiles to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NuSphere\PHPEd5.0\RecentFiles
Regarding Office11 look and feel, it's just a click. I can't take it seriously.

I don't think this is a big issue at all, but we have .class files associated with php, and that setting had to be redone. But, number 1 associating .class files with php is just dumb, and number 2 it was about 3 clicks to set it back.

Fantastic job Dmitri! Very high quality!

-r

dmitri wrote:
oh, such a huge loss!

I haven't post that request, just noted what settings were lost here. Its not a big deal for me, steal no need to be impolite :/
View user's profileFind all posts by NatanielSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

.... and every Reserved Words lists changes - html tab and all other new stuffs i put there, really scope many time of work. Im happy that Templates didt lost. Regards.

Tools > Settings > IDE > Associations also got lost :/
Veteran

Hi guys- we are not taking your complaints liughtly, beleive me and I apologize on behalf of the company if any response sounded impolite - you know that wasn't intentional.
Some config setting do get affected with major versions although we try really hard to make sure that it doesn't happen. It is unfortunately inevitable as we need to change the layout for new features and add new settings for them. We hope though, that thte benefits of the code folding and other new things will offset the problems with some of the old settings lost and hope that it won't be too much trouble.
Mnya Thanks for your support and for your business!
Installing 5.0 (upgrade)