NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Installed phpEd 12 personal today - question

hi,

Just installed v12 phpEd personal ed, all went well. I noticed during installation that phpDocumetor was being installed yet i can find neither hide nor hair of it in the IDE - how/where do i use it in phpEd (if indeed it is available)??

p.s. some older forum threads mention a custom tab in the settings page but i can't locate that in any project either.

thanks. As an alternative i would also appreciate help integrating an alternative (like phpDoctor or the new phpDocumentor2) if they could be used instead.
[BUMP] still need help with this please

Any help at all appreciated - is anybody there????? - hellooo ....
Site Admin

"custom" tab is not called "Integration" page. It is still in tools->settings. Php Documentor command is on this page. If you don't see it, try to click [Reset] button on the bottom. Then check Integration page in the Project Properties. It's where you have to set target directory for the phpdocumentor output.
In order to run phpdocumentor for the project, just right click on it in Workspace window and select Php Documentor in the popup menu.

Thansk dimitri -

That worked! and very nicely done too - after 3 weeks of no joy, i'd given up.

Could i just ask whether its possible to save remote files(i.e. opened via ftp) that are open in the workspace as part of a workset. One of the reasons i upgraded was the idea of saving the entire workspace settings, not just local settings. Just a little disappointed that i still have to recall from memory the location of any files that were open in the editor that are on a remote server. Please excuse me mentioning a competitor, but {notepad++} saves a local version on your harddrive of any ftp pages that you've downloaded to edit, so you have local copies even without a connection - then when you establish a connection you can save/push the file back to the server.

These files usefully also serve as backups of any pages you've edited (this side-effect has saved my skin a few times after accidentally deleting a file from the server) phpEd would benefit from this approach greatly. Just some constructive observations.

with thanks
Installed phpEd 12 personal today - question