NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Install dbg on shared sever (SSH settings)

The public server where my website is hosted allows a SSH connection but it is on port 15554.

CAN I USE THIS AS MY DBG PORT? IF NOT, WHAT PROCESS DO I GO THROUGH TO OPEN THE 7869 PORT ON THE PUBLIC SHARED SERVER?

More Information:

dbg-wizard.php tells me that I have successfully installed the dbg module on the server.

I have downloaded PuTTy (release 0.60), and there is a 'Tunnels' window under the SSH menu item.

So- what I need is instructions for:

1) The PuTTy Tunnels window (exactly what buttons: Local? Remote? Auto? ... Source Port, Destination ... Any of the port forwarding options)

2) The PuTTy Session Window ( I <<think>> i've got this one covered: Host Name: username@domain.com, Port: 15554, Connection Type: SSH)

3) Any changes to the PHP DBG Listener: (I think the port needs to be 15554 - any other changes?)

4) PhpEd Settings: (Tools -> Settings -> Run & Debug -> Use custom port and host (ssh tunneling)) Should the debugger port = 15554? Debugger host = localhost? Any other settings?

5) PHP.INI (debugger.ports=7869, 15554, 10000/16 ?)

Any other 'simple' setup steps? (been working on this for DAYS)

Thanks in advance
Veteran

I am using DBG with SSH tunnelling on a non-standard port. With the correct settings on client and server side, you should be able to use port 15554.

Quote:
1) The PuTTy Tunnels window (exactly what buttons: Local? Remote? Auto? ... Source Port, Destination ... Any of the port forwarding options)

Source port: 7869
Destination: enter localhost:7869 and select the Remote option
Click Add
This should give you the following in the in the Forwarded Ports box: R7869 localhost:7869

Code:
2) The PuTTy Session Window ( I <<think>> i've got this one covered: Host Name: username@domain.com, Port: 15554, Connection Type: SSH)

Host name would be domain.com only.

Quote:
3) Any changes to the PHP DBG Listener: (I think the port needs to be 15554 - any other changes?)

No changes needed.

Quote:
4) PhpEd Settings: (Tools -> Settings -> Run & Debug -> Use custom port and host (ssh tunneling)) Should the debugger port = 15554? Debugger host = localhost? Any other settings?

Debugger port: 7869
Debugger host: localhost

Quote:
5) PHP.INI (debugger.ports=7869, 15554, 10000/16 ?)

Correct.

The proof of the pudding lies in the eating. Test that your SSH tunnel is working before even trying to use DBG. To do this, establish the SSH connection and then enter:
Code:
netstat -na|grep 7869

Your must get a good response such as the following, else the tunnel is not working (and DBG will not work over the tunnel):
Code:
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:7869              0.0.0.0:*                   LISTEN
tcp        0      0 ::1:7869                    :::*                        LISTEN

If the tunnel is not working, it will most likely be a setting on server side. You should check with your hosting company that port forwarding is enabled in their SSHD configuration.