NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Insert Date & Time etc...

Hi,
I was wondering if it would be at all possible to be able to insert the current date and time from a menu or keystroke.
Then I thought what would really be nice would be to have a tab on the settings dialog that would allow project information to be entered that could then be used within a PhpDoc block for example.
So that when I enter @author it would follow that with the author name entered into the settings tab.
The same would follow for the obvious options with also the current datetime entered after I use @datetime.
I am 60+ and a keen phper but as the time is slowly ticking away, any time saving feature would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks and kind regards,

jB Cool
Site Admin

actually you can insert anything you want and have it inserted with with any shortcut you can imagine. See Tools->Settings->Integration. You can create a menu item with "Execute with -> Shell", place @PHP@ macro with a path to your script that produces something in the output. Then check "Show this command in File Bar popup", check "work with editor", check "return results to editor" and finally check "insert".

Excellent thank you works a treat.
Would still be nice to have it as a feature (please)

kind regards,
jB Cool
Insert Date & Time etc...