NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Insert braces around a single Else line

Hi,

I'm trying to make some existing code more readable (to me). I don't like the ELSE part of an IF being followed by a single line without braces around the line.

Is there a way to highlight a line, and press a hot key that will enclose the line with opening and closing braces?

So, in other words an easy way to transform this:

else
$var = "what the...?"

into

else
{
$var = "what the...?"
}

I use autocorrection for such a case (Tools -> Settings -> Editor -> Autocorrection).
For example when writing translated strings I have defined autocorrection to replace "yiit" into "Yii::t('app', '');" - which works nicely.

However, you need multiline replacement, which is not supported ATM, only single line (build 19025).
Looks like potential feature request, which may take months, even years, if ever .. Smile

Ok, thanks for the clarification, lubosdz.

lubosdz wrote:
I use autocorrection for such a case (Tools -> Settings -> Editor -> Autocorrection).
For example when writing translated strings I have defined autocorrection to replace "yiit" into "Yii::t('app', '');" - which works nicely.

However, you need multiline replacement, which is not supported ATM, only single line (build 19025).
Looks like potential feature request, which may take months, even years, if ever .. Smile
Insert braces around a single Else line