NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Incorrect icon overlay with TortoiseSVN

I have problem with NuSphere PhpED 14.0 (Build 14029) and I found out that TortoiseSVN (1.8.8 x64) ruins the icons with its icon overlays:

But in Windows Explorer icons are with correct TortoiseSVN overlays:

When I check an option "Show overlays and context menu only in explorer" in TortoiseSVN settings and restart PhpED, icons appears as it should be, but of course without TortoiseSVN overlays what is not very comfortable.

Already done, but no luck:
1. Re-installed TortoiseSVN;
2. Clean reinstall of NuSphere PhpED;
3. Tried to change icon pack in TortoiseSVN;
4. Rebuilt Windows Icon Cache;
5. Maximize icon cache by creating registry key "Max Cached Icons" with 4096 value;
6. Kill TSVNCache.exe process and Clean Up Overlay Cache by using Context menu "TortoiseSVN -> Clean Up..." command;
7. Edited registry dependencies according to icon overlays in Windows (ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers);
8. Searched whole internet for such problem solution but without success, except THIS thread.

Maybe anyone knows how to fix the icons in PhpED while using it with TortoiseSVN icon overlay?

Thank You in advance!

Last edited by Kiddie on Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:22 am; edited 4 times in total

You might need to increase icon cache size (if I recall correctly), then rebuild icon cache/restart computer/cross fingers.

Thanks for response. Also tried this solution by creating a new String Value called Max Cached Icons with value to 2048 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer.

But still no luck Sad

I think I set the value to 8192, but that alone did not solve the issue. I needed to change the order of icons in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers. I renamed the keys under there so that Tortoise* keys are the first ones.

If you choose to do this, do it at your own risk. Smile

Yeah, I've already done this as Tortoise overlay icons did not appear even in Windows Explorer, but now it is all ok with it, but unfortunately PhpED Workspace still has very strange behavior by overlaying its own icon on all tree icons as shown in my screenshot.

Trying to find another possible solutions now.
Site Admin

Check if you have MULTIPLE different sources of overlay indices for the same file types.
http://forum.nusphere.com/incorrect-icons-on-many-files-t10004.html