NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Incompatible debugger module error

Hi,

I just upgraded to Nusphere 19 build 19028, and am getting an error when trying to enter Debug mode:

Incompatible version (8.2) of debugger module is detected.

Please replace it with version 9.0 shipped with this product and make sure that phpinfo() reflected the changes.

I thought that the Installation procedure would automatically carry over the new debugger.

We're using the SRV Local Server, Google Chrome, Php 5.3 through 5.6.

Where do I copy the version 9.0 debugger from, and into what folders?
Guru master

If you are using SRV then I would have also thought the debugger would be updated.

If you are using a separate web server such as Apache, either locally or remote, then as far as I'm aware you do have to install the updated debugger yourself.

You can find out more about the web server and where the debug module should be located by using the DbgWizard. There is one of those in the PhpED program directory but you can also download a copy from http://www.nusphere.com/products/dbg_wizard_download.htm

Copy the dbg-wizard.php to your project directory then access it through a web browser then it will hopefully show you something useful.

..\NuSphere19\dbgwizard\dbg-wizard.php has a file date of 4/2/2017, 13:17 am
The 19 version has
define('DBG_WIZARD_VERSION', '3.8.3802');
define('DBG_VERSION', '8.2.9');

dbg-wizard.php from the previous version has a file date of 5/18/2017, 23:19 am
This has
define('DBG_WIZARD_VERSION', '3.8.3802');
define('DBG_VERSION', '8.2.9');

The dbg-wizard.php at the download link
http://www.nusphere.com/products/dbg_wizard_download.htm, which leads to
http://shop.nusphere.com/customer/download/files/dbg-wizard.php?_ga=.......
has
define('DBG_WIZARD_VERSION', '3.7.3708');
define('DBG_VERSION', '8.1.9');

None of the dbg-wizard.php files are defined with a version 9, not even at the download link.
Guru master

Even an older version dbg-wizard will tell you versions and where files are located. I don't think the wizard actually installs anything itself, it just tells you what to do.

There is also a dbg-wizard in your NuSphere program directory which may (or may not) be a later version.

%ProgramFiles%\NuSphere\PhpED\dbgwizard\dbg-wizard.php

The output from the Debug Wizard, doesn't lead to an updated debugger.

For one thing, it says that the DBG Wizard might be outdated, and returns that same link from the NuSphere site. Which leads to the same debug wizard.

And, it reports that the Debugger is 8.2.12.

So, I'm where I started. It won't run in Debug mode, because NuSphere doesn't have the latest debugger (9.x). But it doesn't point to any instructions or code, that updates that Debugger.

Is it possible to simply download the latest debugger, and update php.ini accordingly, instead of depending on the debug wizard or the installation?

Partial output from debug wizard:

What did I find out about your system
I assume that you placed me in the root directory of your web server and on your PhpED machine pointed your browser to me - like this: <URL of your web site>/dbg-wizard.php

I see that:

PHP Version: 5.6.32
Web Server: Srv/19.0.0.19028
Server Name: localhost
Platform: WINNT/x86_VC11
Your Client IP Address: 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1
Your Server IP Address: 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1
Port: 8080
Your Web Server is on the same machine with PhpED
Path to website files: c:\..\..\..\devfiles\
Document Root is: c:\..\..\..\devfiles\
Your PHP.INI file is: C:\Software\Installed\NuSphere\php56\php.ini
PHP extensions directory is: c:\Software\Installed\NuSphere\php56\extensions
DBG (PHP DEBUGGER) Version 8.2.12 is INSTALLED
1. Perhaps, DBG Wizard is outdated, please download the latest one from this link
Guru master

That possibly tells you what you need to know.

* You want the WINNT/x86_VC11 dubugger. Have a look in %ProgramFiles%\NuSphere\PhpED\debugger\server\Windows\x86_VC11

* The debugger extension needs to be copied to c:\Software\Installed\NuSphere\php56\extensions

That might be all you need to do. Worth a try Smile

"The debugger extension needs to be copied to c:\Software\Installed\NuSphere\php56\extensions"

If you mean the file c:\software\Installed\NuSphere19\debugger\server\Windows\x86_VC11\dbg-php-5.6.dll

needs to be copied to

c:\software\Installed\NuSphere19\php56\extensions\

, it's already in there.
Guru master

Is the one that is already in there the correct version?

In my PhpED v19 the debugger modules are all version 9.x and not 8.x

The version of C:\Program Files\NuSphere\PhpED\php56\extensions\dbg-php-5.6.dll on my computer is 9.0.9.9009 (which may be slightly old but it is already a v9 and I didn't have to copy it).

You appear to be using an unusual install directory. Has that caused problems with files being installed in unexpected places? Just an idea; it might be fine, but it sounds like you have an unexpected mix of files for PhpED v19.

It's in a non-Program Files folder, because policy at my office removed admin access, some time ago. So I install any new software I purchase or make updates, in that Install folder.

I don't know why it's mixed. When I installed version 8, it was installed in

c:\software\Installed\NuSphere\

Version 9 is in

c:\software\Installed\NuSphere19\

How did you determine the version of your Dlls? I have only the file date. What was the file date on your version 9 dbg-php-5.6.dll?

You certainly might be correct, that Nusphere didn't account for folders other than Program Files. But NuSphere does use a standard Setup, which allows the developer to change the folder.

I do have a special login (which they don't know about), that gives me temporary Admin access, for copying or changing the registry or whatever. So maybe I'll try installing in Program Files, if technical support isn't able to resolve this.

Regards,
Guru master

You can right-click the DLL file and click Properties. Then go to the Details tab and the File version is shown.

I've installed PhpED in other directories before and it has been fine. I've even had multiple versions installed at the same time without any issues.

Thanks Plug, but my experience with the debugger is different from yours. I'm not imagining it.

Tech Support explained what happened.

When Version 19 is installed, it tries to use the settings for previously installed versions. So in Tools/Settings/SRV Web Server and Tools/Settings/PHP CLI e.g., it was pointing to paths from Version 18. I reset those.

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions. I think we're all set.

Regards,
Incompatible debugger module error