NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
In Debugmode, don't show vars when hoovering but only ...

When in debugmode, I often read code while hovering with the mouse-cursor.
Everytime the cursor hits a var, it show it's content.
It would be very nive to control this behavior. Why not an option so I can choose if I want to see the var when hovering over it, or after I click left on the var?

Theo.

Is there any change this will be implemented in future releases of PHPEd? It really drives our development team nuts.

Theo.
Site Admin

tools->settings->code insight->tooltips, Expression Evaluation

dmitri wrote:
tools->settings->code insight->tooltips, Expression Evaluation

But this switches it off completeley. We still want to see the vars but only when we click on a var instead of hovering over it......

I'm still getting VERY frustrated when debugging a script. I want to see the value of vars defined but not automatically when i hover over it.

When the cursor for example is in the middle of a script and the debugger stop and the cursor accidentally points to a var (most of the time a class in our case) the smart debugger shows the whole class on the screen. This ways it's almost impossible to debug a script the normal way.

Why not include just a simple option in the tools.setting.code insight to make it possible to not show a var when hovering over it, but clicking on it? Or, if this is to difficult to implement a mouse right-click with "show value".

I know I can define a lot of things in code insight, but how to get rid of the "I'm the debugger and I am smarter than you and because your cursor is on a var I insist of showing you it contents". Perhaps the ways it's working now is nice for small php scripts, but it's a real hell for us working on big projects.

So please, please, could you add this little feature so we'll get less frustrated and will have more fun working with phpEd?

Scub.
In Debugmode, don't show vars when hoovering but only ...