NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Improving code explorer
Veteran

I suggest to split the items Constants, Variables, Classes and Functions in the Code Explorer (Class View) in 2 groups: the ones of the active file (file of the current tab) and the remaining.
When the active file changes the active "objects" in code explorer should be updated automatically.

another useful option is to automatically expand the node corresponding to the active file in the Tree View (or to add a such option in the context menu of the tabs)
Site Admin

We'd better allow you to make clones of Code Explorer window with its own settings, so you'll be able to see project-wide Code tree in one and current-file Core tree in another.

Quote:
When the active file changes the active "objects" in code explorer should be updated automatically.

Try "Single file" view.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

When I click on Clone Window I can choose only between:
Watch
Log
DB Client
Explorer

How to clone the Code Explorer tab?

second related question: using the "Single file" view how can I do to automatically expand the node of the current file? when I change the tab of the files the node is collapsed.

Thanks
Site Admin

Quote:

I did not say it's possible right now. We'd better implement this feature.
Quote:
using the "Single file" view how can I do to automatically expand the node of the current file?

While in "Single file", Code Explorer shows only current file and it's always expanded.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

Quote:
While in "Single file", Code Explorer shows only current file and it's always expanded

sorry, I've to say it's not so: in in "Single file" view the node is (of default) always collapsed (build 4048 eval)
Site Admin

sorry, I meant it is expanded BY DEFAULT. If you ever collapsed it, it remains collapsed next time you switch to this file. When Code Explorer shows a file for the first time, it takes Tools->Settings->Code Insight->"Initially View Expanded" settings.
Veteran

in "Initially View Expanded" I've checked only the item "Modules"; is it correct?
I don't know if for "modules" you mean "files"
Site Admin

Ok. What is the problem then?
Did it remain its expanded state after you expanded it?

ddmitrie wrote:
Quote:

I did not say it's possible right now. We'd better implement this feature.
Quote:
using the "Single file" view how can I do to automatically expand the node of the current file?

While in "Single file", Code Explorer shows only current file and it's always expanded.

Is there a significant performance hit with 2 code explorers (I would guess yes)...
View user's profileFind all posts by Rick ChristySend private messageYahoo Messenger
Site Admin

no impact expected while one of them is in "single file" mode.
Improving code explorer