NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Import/Export Settings
Veteran

It would be great to have a tool built-in to PhpEd that lets you import/export ALL settings (shortcuts, code templates, settings, etc...), and optionally project files to a .zip file or something of the sort.
I've had to move PhpEd to my new computer recently, and it sucks getting everything moved.

This was the first result from google for "phped export settings". I'm hoping this is possible. Every time we update versions or if something happens to my PC I have to redo my settings, templates, editor shortcuts etc and it's a real pain in the butt to have to do every time. This feature would be really great imo.

For the time being you can only just back up the registry entry for some of the settings by doing the following in a command prompt

Code:
regedit /e phped.reg HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NuSphere\PhpED5.8

Just make sure that's the correct key and you're good to go.
Guru master

Apart from the layout (which is reset on purpose to prevent incompatibilities) I've never had to redo any setting actually. I just make sure I always have a recent backup of the config folder, which contains pretty much everything.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Import/Export Settings