NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] IE Debugger Toolbar is missing in IE 6

I installed new NuSphere Releases (first Build 5237 and now Build 5238). I do not know when it happened, but in Internet Explorer 6 (running under Windows Server 2003) suddenly the Nusphere IE Toolbar is not visible anymore. It was there in previous PhpED releases! Also the entry in View/Toolbar menu and in IE's toolbar context menu for NuSphere is not visible anymore. I tried to uninstall the NuSphere Toolbar and to reinstall (full installation) PhpED, but it didn't help. Maybe the toolbar does not install fully because after full installation I don't see the entry in System Settings/Software List. But in IE 6 I do see that NuSphere Toolbar is loaded and activated under menu Extras/Add ons but there is no place to make the toolbar visible.

I have no security tool like an antivirus program running.

The registry entry "HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Toolbar" with name="{0F62D223-9206-4EA3-9EA8-D0F3C7C82ACA}", type="REG_BINARY" and value="00" is there.

I also tried to register the dll manually (with command "regsvr32 C:\Programme\nusphere\phped\NuSphereIEBar.dll", this told me it was successfully), but this didn't solve the problem.

The only thing, that has changed on the server: we changed our network to use Microsoft Active Directory. So maybe it is a question of user rights? I am a local administrator on the machine itself. As I mentioned I got no error during full install, maybe there is a install log file somewhere showing more info about an possible install problem?

Please help, I need the toolbar for debugging.

I have a second install on a notebook running Vista Business. There almost everything works. The only thing I notice her is that I see Version 5.2 (build 5234) in "About NuSphere Toolbar" even though I installed Build 5238!
Site Admin

Quote:
The only thing I notice her is that I see Version 5.2 (build 5234) in

Thanks, this is a known problem and we've fixed it in 5240.

Quote:
I have no security tool like an antivirus program running.

Let know if you still don't see the toolbar after installing 5240. Before you run setup please make sure all instances of IE are closed.

Hello dmitri,

I tried installing Build 5240. On my local PC under Vista an IE 7 everything worked fine, NuSphere Toolbar in IE shows now "build 5240" in it's about page.

In IE6 under Windows 2003 Server I still didn't see the toolbar and I was not able to make it visible as there was no entry for the toolbar in "view" menu.

More and more I began to think that this problem rised from IE 6 and not from PhpED. At the end I found out, that the server was still running Windows 2003 Server Service Pack 1 though an newer Service Pack 1 had been released in 2007. I installed SP2, started IE6 again and there it was: the missing NuSphere Toolbar under "view/toolbars" appeared.

So I have to apologize for giving you trouble but as we use microsofts update notifier I thought that our os installation is up to date and I never would have thought that a missing update could be the reason for the toolbar problem Embarassed

I thank you very much for your quick answer and for the bugfix you provided with toolbar update. You prooved again NuSpheres excellent support.
Site Admin

Quote:
In IE6 under Windows 2003 Server I still didn't see the toolbar and I was not able to make it visible as there was no entry for the toolbar in "view" menu

Windows 2003 Server has very strict settings by default and won't load any extensions (including NuSphere Toolbar). You may want to consult with Microsoft manuals on how to enable a particular IE extension.
Starting with sp2, they changed the way IE loads the extensions and it might resolve the problem.