NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
IDE Usabilty

Not quite a feature request, but something which would aid with usability of the IDE. Sometimes when moving the mouse to close a tab (i.e. the cross in the top right), the cross is so close to the side bar that one of my sidebars pops out and I end up clicking the cross on that instead and have to go back into the menus to re-open it. This ins spite of the fact that I do not have impaired co-ordination, though I am sure some users will do. It would make the motion less critical if there was a slight gap between the tab-closing cross and the top of the pop-out sidebars.
Site Admin

you may want to uncheck "auto show unpinned windows". In this case you'd be able to freely move mouse above side-bars without any sliding-windows showing effects. To show the window in this case, you'd have to click on the bar.

I'd personally love the option to enable close X's on the tabs themselves (a la Firefox).
View user's profileFind all posts by joshbennerSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

you can close the files by Wheel-clicking on their tabs.

All good ideas except:

1. Wheel-clicking in vista doesn't work because it brings up my Aero view of all the different programs I have running
2. I quite like the auto-slide - my only problem was that the cross was maybe 5-10 pixels too close to the top side-tab
3. I also quite like having just the one cross rather than one on each tab because I sometimes end up with a lot of tabs open and it is handy to just be able to click, click, click ... and clean up a little

But, I like the fact that ideas are being offered Smile
IDE Usabilty