NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
IDE shows Attempt to access closed heap *resolved*

Using the latest version of PHPEd on Vista with 4Mb memory.

The end of one data file about to be submitted

1631:38:711(00006040) : AppException (EDmHeapMem) Attempt to access closed heap (2012, 7D8, 00000000), file: "C:\projects\testbed.ppx.07F4E738.1.$wrk"
16:31:38:719(00006040) : rip.GetContext ctx NOT found or NOT readable EDmHeapMem 00000000 0

The end of another data file about to be submitted
16:36:52:377(00004308) : !!Thread stopped: "Failed to access mapping of file, file: "C:\projects\testbed.ppx.0C2EE738.1.$wrk"
Espacio de almacenamiento insuficiente para procesar este comando ( translates as Not enough storage space to process this command) (size: 357MB)
Parser comm: " prev state: ctWorking, prev substste: 5", r: 0, file: "C:\develop4\testbed\scatteredpix\test\css.css", reason: "prrCodeExplorer", pos: (0,-1)", state: ctFinished, subs: 5, strmpos: 1734, phppos: (1,211| 1,1), jspos: (1,60| 1,60)
16:36:52:385(00004308) : rip.GetContext ctx NOT found or NOT readable EDmHeapOS 00000000 0

I have been submitting these error reports as recommended.

Does anyone know what the problem is here? What is the "storage space" referred to above, and how can I increase it - if indeed, that is the problem

That message is normally referring to a low memory resource.

I've seen it occasionally when adding new devices to computers, but the most common occurrence for myself has been on Windows Vista computers which are being heavily accessed over the network, such as when doing a backup to/from another computer. I have never personally seen this error on Windows 7 or 8.

Most of the time increasing the registry setting for IRPStackSize and restarting the computer has cured the problem, although frankly Vista was a bit of a pig when it came to network access and sometimes those network backups just don't work and fail due to this error.

Unfortunately when a backup depleted this resource, the Vista computer continued having issues until it was restarted. Sometimes it took a few backups before it failed. Windows Vista bug?

Have a look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/106167 and see if those steps help fix this issue for you.
Thanks

Thanks - will take a look...

Looks like I need to decide which is going to be simplest - move off Vista, or change editor!

Vista had a few annoying issues but I used the 64-bit version myself for a long time with 8GB memory and it was mostly okay.

Good chance IRPStackSize will fix your problem. The value 32 seems to stick in my mind as being good to start with.

Windows 7 is a good improvement, I'm even quite happy with Windows 8.1 once I used a utility to get the Start button back.
Thanks...

I was wondering what value. MS dox just say a "large number" - with no mention of scale.

This is not a crash, but an abnormal termination on fatal error.
Please update this C:\projects\testbed.ppx file to a public location and let me know the link to download the file from. Then you can delete this file.
I'll check what's up.

Dmitri, you had already replied to this some weeks ago, explaining the the .ppx file was too big for the two projects that I was having problems with. One is 442Mb, and the other is 325Mb.

You recommended that I made arrangements to bring the .ppx files down to less than 200Mb.

This works fine on other projects, which have .ppx < 200Mb

My problem at the time, was that I was having regular error messages, which I was sending off, but wasn't getting any reply, so had no idea what was causing it. Now that I know what the issue is, I am happy to fix it myself.

Check your spam filter and/or junk folders. We definitely send auto-reply to each report submitted.
Other than that, I'm not sure what kind of replies you expect. We need this file. If you can't pack it and place online, we can't help you.
Regarding file size, 400MB shouldn't be a problem if you run 64bit OS. With 32bit, you have only 2GB of address space and usually it is fragmented to small chunks, so it's hardly to find 400MB of continuous space.

yes, I was getting the auto - replies, but no response *at that time* - which is why I posted here.

You later came through and explained what my issue was.

It's 32 bit, 4Mb and you recommended keeping it below 200Mb.

Which is fine, and helpful.

I haven't completed the reduction yet, but I am doing some when I can - obviously these are large projects.

Please consider the issue closed.