NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
I need confirmation on this (128KiB line limit)

The problem is already reported, and I understand I don't have priority support because I have a peasant license.
I need confirmation from other users on this, just to be sure is not a problem with my setup/system.
I have tested on different computers but because I have installed/set up all of them I can't know for sure if there is something I install that is causing the problem.

I'm using phped 18 Build 18023 x64, but have tested with a few other 18s and had the same issue.

When I open a file that has a line that is longer than 128KiB characters long, the editor reads the lines as if they were split. If I save the file, it is saved with the lines split, so it can break code.

Is this happening to someone else?

Thanks
Guru master

I just created a file that contained 2 lines each 160KB long using UltraEdit (total file size 320KB).

I then opened the filein PhpED, which showed it as 4 lines and it had split each of the 2 lines at character position 131,072 irrelevant of whether that position is partway through a word or not.

This behaviour was consistent and the problem is reproducable.
Site Admin

That's the limit of the editor. It's intended for editing regular source files, and not for editing something you've generated for auto-processing.
I think we should show a warning that the file has too long lines and they were split.

That limit is more than good enough for me - I was just verifying there was a limit Smile
Site Admin

as I see -- the problem is the editor inserts end of line in the middle of a very long lines and neither notifies the user nor marks the file as modified. We have to fix this.

Well in my case I had some code made by someone else and I needed to work on it, without changing the 128k+ llines, just add other independent code, a warning would be nice in that situation to not break files by accident, but not perfect, (it still would force me to use other editor).
Site Admin

The limit was removed in 18025. I checked with a 11M text file that has no line breaks at all.

dmitri wrote:
The limit was removed in 18025. I checked with a 11M text file that has no line breaks at all.

Great <3
I need confirmation on this (128KiB line limit)