NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
HTML Validation

Hello,

I am evaluating PhpED, and I have a doubt about HTML Validation. I use CSE HTML Validator for years, to parse my PHP code. As it seems - but I might be wrong - PhpED allows integration with this tool, but only performs source code validation loaded in the editor. The thing is, most of my HTML errors are caused by small mistakes in the PHP programming, so I might get nesting errors or missing closing tags in the resulting HTML code (which can be seen in the source window when debugging the code), and those errors are not visible when parsing the original PHP source code. What I would like is to test the resulting HTML code after execution of the PHP code, and not the original source code by itself. Today I am saving the source code of the resulting HTML to disk, and then open that saved file in CSE, to see if there are errors in the code generated through my programming. It would be nice if thist could be done directly in the editor, to skip an extra step during development and testing. Is it possible? If yes, how? If not, this might be a suggestion for a future enhancement of the product.

Kind regards,
Ulrich
Site Admin

Quote:
What I would like is to test the resulting HTML code after execution of the PHP code, and not the original source code by itself

In phped 4.0, after you get the output complete, you may switch to the Source tab in the Output window and see HTML Validation results produced by CSE.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Dmitri,
I was looking for an answer to this exact question. This is a BRILLIANT work-around for checking php document output. I am getting more and more excited about phpEd. It's a fantastic product Very Happy

.... I who thought I wrote flawless html... Embarassed

Sincerely,
Joe Belmaati
Copenhagen Denmark
HTML Validation