NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
html shortcuts in version 5.8

Did we lose the html editor shortcut keys in 5.8 build 5812?
Guru master

It seems they were removed indeed. I only used the Ctrl+Enter anyway but I'm curious what the replacing functionality is/should be.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

Yes, it seems those shortcuts were removed. But there is no reason for them to be in PhpED becouse we can just go to "Tools->Settings->Code templates" (can be later selected Language: Neutral and checked "Enable") and set custom templates with custom shortcuts. Just it.

And there you go Smile
Assigning a shortcut to a template is relatively new as well no? Didn't notice it before.
Anyway, it's not like I'm browsing the Settings dialog everyday. Thanks for pointing it out.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

For a moment there I was pissed that my frequently used tag shortcuts dissappeared, but then I noticed new template features and now I'm happy - well almost...

What I'd like to see now is an import/export system saving everything /templates, autocorrection/ to xml file, so I can easily sync between pc and laptop or share my settings with my colleagues at work.
Veteran

Just two steps to save and three steps to load...

1. Registry export.

a) Start -> Run -> regedit
b) go to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> NuSphere and select PhpED[version] and right-click and export

2. Copy config folder.

a) in the registry check Home value of config location
b) copy folder

And just three steps for import ...

1. Install PhpED without run.
2. Import registry from file.
3. Paste config folder.

Hmm ... beside. Maby I'll write small app for that... who want to have something like that?

intro wrote:
Just two steps to save and three steps to load...

I've been "practicing" config copying for a long time now /I keep it on my dropbox (:/. What about sharing with my coworkers using the same framework? They don't need everything including toolbar settings and shortcuts - import feature would allow them to select which templates or autocorrection entries they want to use or compare existing ones with mine (:

intro wrote:
Yes, it seems those shortcuts were removed. But there is no reason for them to be in PhpED becouse we can just go to "Tools->Settings->Code templates" (can be later selected Language: Neutral and checked "Enable") and set custom templates with custom shortcuts. Just it.

it seems more flexible way, than the previous one, thanks

I created a ctrl+space shortcut to insert   and after using it a couple of times I get:

instead of:

no - space is not present in the template (:
Veteran

Becouse this shortcut affect also space char. If You set "Alt+Space" - you will get also space char.
But If You set eg. Ctrl+B then You will get result without additional space.

If that is the case it is a bug. Ctrl+Space != Space.
If a key is used to perform an action, no matter what the key is then it should not be handled by the code-window afterwards.
e.g. If you would map a space to a template then you shouldn't be able to type spaces.
Veteran

Yes. It seems it is a bug. But I don't know. If You have set Ctrl+Space anywhere in eg. Editor Shortcuts then try to delete it for a while and try to set it again. You will be not able to do that.
But there is a way to set again Ctrl+Space ... just don't click shortcut and type it as text...

But ... yes, Ctrl+Space seems to be very good shorctut for   but I use Ctrl+Space for code-completion and Alt+S as   (I think better is connect whole html shorctuts with Left Alt button instead of Ctrl, eg. Alt+B as br tag etc. etc.).